2 stroke engine

GoldenMotor.com

Hoze513

Nov 24, 2011
Joliet, illinois
Thanks, I don 't plan on keeping it on there for ever. I saw it on (Thats Dax) web site, I think. On video. I have been looking at the manic sprockets. But I think those only work on some type of rims. Well I hope everything truns out ok.
Thanks.

Hoze513

Nov 24, 2011
Joliet, illinois
I went to auto zone yesterday to get a fuel line. Could only find 7.0mm fuel line. It is just a little bigger than the fuel line that came with the kit. Can I still use this? As long as it doesn't leek.
scratg

Hoze513

Nov 24, 2011
Joliet, illinois
I got most of my engine kit done. But I can't figure out to make the clutch work. I put it together already. But I don't know how to adjust it. .weld

Hoze513

Nov 24, 2011
Joliet, illinois
Yesterday I try to adjust the clutch and just couldn't figure out what to do. But then last night I went on youtube and saw a video on how to adjust the clutch. Now I know what to do. Iam going to work on it today.
After this to the next problem. I just can't wait til Iam riding it. .shft.

Hoze513

Nov 24, 2011
Joliet, illinois
What I did do yesterday is, when I took apart the case where the clutch hand is. I notice that the chain was rubbing on the inside of the case. So I took some of metal off, that was hitting the chain.
What I notice is that there is alot more than just putting the kit on the bike. Like the instruction videos make it seem. .weld

Hoze513

Nov 24, 2011
Joliet, illinois
I still have to tighten down a few things, and thats it. My bike is done. Now the hard part. Will it RUN.
What type of gas can I use? The good or the cheaper kind.
How many oZ. of oil should I add to the first gallon of gas?
And how many oZ. of oil should I add to the rest of the time.
I will post pictures soon. Thanks dance1

Hoze513

Nov 24, 2011
Joliet, illinois
I have decided to go with the 24:1. So I try to start the engine today. And it didn't start. Do know what to do. Iam going to buy a different spark plug. Maybe that will work. :-||

Rocky_Motor

Nov 14, 2011
Fort Collins & Boulder
Did it make the noises as if the piston is moving? You'll hear the exhaust sputtering. It's just compression and then air coming out if it's not actually starting.

There's a lot of things that can make it not start.

3 main things..
Spark
Compression
Fuel

Pictures could help too but read these they may help, it may be as simple as making sure your clutch is engaging. You'll know that it is because you'll hear the engine turning
http://motorbicycling.com/showthread.php?t=22726

This is what you are looking for if your clutch is working:
http://motorbicycling.com/showthread.php?t=13953

You're on the right track with 1:24. With the CNS carb it may be a little difficult, it may not. But you should be able to get it to run with it. It just may be tempermental.
When you do get it running and take a victory lap I would say that it is important to do a few preventative maintenance things before running the motor over 10 miles. Such as grease (NOT OIL) the gears you see when you open the clutch cover. I used lithium grease. Check your spark plug, during break in it should be (imo) black and wet. Do something about that chain tensioner, it will destroy your wheel if it is modified. After the first 15 miles or so I removed it and it works great tensionerless.

If you have chain problems problems I have found that it is almost always your sprocket not be perfectly center. Also check your motor mounts every ride. My downtube lost a nut once. Nothing bad happened but I'm sure the studs weren't happy. Since then I put locktite on and everything has been great since.

There's a lot of things for sure, but as you go it'll be second nature. If you're like me you'll end up deciding that the only thing that isn't supposed to be replaced on the kit is the CDI, engine, and NT carb.
Anyways.. I am writing to much so the last thing to say is; don't get discouraged! I'm sure it's frustrating that it didn't kick buck and fly away but just tell us as much as possible and you'll get it goin

Hoze513

Nov 24, 2011
Joliet, illinois
Thanks, Rocky. Yes the engine is turning over. When I let the clutch go the engine goes ( grr, grr ) , an d it gets harder to pedal. But thats it. It doesn't make no kind of noise, like it's going to start.
Iam thinking maybe I didn't connect the wires right. I connect all the black wires together. And put wire tape on them. Was I suppose to make the touch some metal.
Thanks

Rocky_Motor

Nov 14, 2011
Fort Collins & Boulder
Alright good. Black to black, blue to blue. Make sure the white isn't touching anything or just wrap it in tape. Can't really tell anything else unless you find out if you have spark. You could always try and fiddle with the connections and try starting it. Maybe something is loose. Is the spark plug boot on? It wont go on if the screw cap is still on the spark plug. My kit already had that removed though.

Other than that I think you'll have to do some checklist tests to find out what's not working

Hoze513

Nov 24, 2011
Joliet, illinois
How do I check if I have spark or not?
I did connect all the wires right, I just don't know if I was suppose to make the black wire touch metal. Thank you Rocky

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
Pull the spark plug, reconnect it to the cdi llet the plug ground to the head and walk the bike turning the engine over. You should see spark.

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
since the engine will turn over freely with the plug removed plug it back in the cdi and lay it on the head so you can see the tip of the plug, walk the bike with the clutch lever out. You should see the spark.