1912 Excelsior Tribute

GoldenMotor.com

indian22

Dec 31, 2014
Oklahoma
Quiet cvt drive is a great selling point, but you're spot on concerning some power loss during transmission...I like your overall solution with this particular engine and drive train. Well executed...
Rick C.

MotoMagz

Aug 2, 2010
Michigan
So stayed up for a few hours after New Years working on the bike. Was able to cut down handlebar clamps and added a stiff rubber bushing. Then finished dremeling inside of handlebars to fit final brake lever. She’s getting there...

Attachments

Tom from Rubicon

Apr 4, 2016
Rubicon, Wisconsin
Nice one MotoMags!
I purchased a Badger Brass Solar back in 2016. Somebody gave it the spray can chrome treatment and no stem mounting clamp. Lucky you.(^)
You got any plans to make it functional? If you please share.
Tom from Rubicon

Reactions: fasteddy

MotoMagz

Aug 2, 2010
Michigan
WOW! So KOOL, looks in nice shape also.............Curt
Yes! Guy says is dent /crack free!
Nice one MotoMags!
I purchased a Badger Brass Solar back in 2016. Somebody gave it the spray can chrome treatment and no stem mounting clamp. Lucky you.(^)
You got any plans to make it functional? If you please share.
Tom from Rubicon
I like having a headlight on when day riding.So I may remove guts and run a led. The bottom can hold batteries or I will Use battery box if I go with a tail light too?.

dogcatcher

Nov 11, 2016
Texas
My idea of an old style headlight. Take a bullet shaped LED headlight for a bicycle, gut it, use a 3" PVC T fitting and add parts as needed. A small stainless steel bowl makes a good reflector for the back of the light. Inside of the PVC fitting add your battery holder, Cap the so you have access to batteries. Paint with with an antiquing kit.

I got the above idea from Googling "steampunk lights" and other stuff as I was trying to design a light to go with a board tracker.

Attachments

dogcatcher

Nov 11, 2016
Texas
I have seen that video before, I wanted to built my light using off the shelf stuff, so that it could easily be fixed or replaced when it was cratered. The goggles, I would start with a leather mask, and add these https://www.ebay.com/itm/Agile-shop...h=item26114ed350:g:p84AAOSwMpFcRrXb:rk:2:pf:0

If I wanted the gas mask look, I would get 2 large shoe polish cans like Kiwi polish come in, then rivet those to a full face "cosplay" mask. There are plans on the Internet on how to make them. I would use craft foam instead of leather, mainly because I have a neighbor that is into "Cosplay", and I think I could get her to help design and build it.