1911 Indian

GoldenMotor.com

sketchman

Mar 23, 2011
WV, USA
That seems impossible, or at least implausible.
The 90:1 I mean.

0.9:1 maybe?

Sounds the same as the old Comet tav units. Interesting.

cobrafreak

Feb 16, 2011
sacramento ca
That seems impossible, or at least implausible.
The 90:1 I mean.

0.9:1 maybe?
Nope, it is in black and white from the manuel. The Comet is unique because it can reach overdrive ratios. It is in fact .90:1 on the absolute low end of the spectrum. You may never see it unless you are going for a speed record, but it is there.

sketchman

Mar 23, 2011
WV, USA
Nope, it is in black and white from the manuel. The Comet is unique because it can reach overdrive ratios. It is in fact .90:1 on the absolute low end of the spectrum. You may never see it unless you are going for a speed record, but it is there.
Didn't see the decimal the first time. We typed the same thing.

0.9:1 = .90:1

A zero in front makes it easier for us blind peoples.:)

EDIT: Oh, and yes that's the same as the old Comets.

cobrafreak

Feb 16, 2011
sacramento ca
can i use the stock chain,hd 410 bmx chain ........or should i just buy a chain from the site?
I don't think so, you need real #41 chain to make it work. Like I said, it is the number one or two most popular roller chain for professional lawn care equipment, so you can get it anywhere, which is nice.

cobrafreak

Feb 16, 2011
sacramento ca
I found a motorcycle speed calculator on line that allows the input of various ratios, tire sizes, and rpms. At 3600 rpm's the bike is capable of 74 mph, at 6500 rpm's it is capable of 132mph. Salt Flats anyone? :O So this set up, if you had motorcycle tires and a long strait, and you were tucked in laying on the tank, you could go as fast as a real board tracker of the day, no problem. If vintage motorcycle tires are available through various outlets they would need to be put on a motorcycle rim because they can't fit bicycle rims.

oldtimer54

May 15, 2010
On a bike
Ok time to get with it. What style bike do you think this motor will fit? How did you get your peddles to make it around that fat motor? (links please) I need to get started and any help would be realy great. Thanks

cobrafreak

Feb 16, 2011
sacramento ca
Ok time to get with it. What style bike do you think this motor will fit? How did you get your peddles to make it around that fat motor? (links please) I need to get started and any help would be realy great. Thanks
To be honest I don't think any stock bike will fit without major work. I can give you dimensions if you need them. With the Comet you need to have a particular height (assuming you want the piston almost strait upward) to have the chain in line for the rear sprocket.

Here is the link for the wide crankset.
3pc Wide Crank Pedal Kit [4S-CDS-3pcCRANK] - $29.99

Robertriley

Apr 25, 2011
Southern California
Are you tank hangers brass or did you paint them a brass color? I'd like to know where you got them if they are brass. My BTR should be done soon and I need some brass hangers.