Predyno 99cc......the ultimate daily cruiser!

GoldenMotor.com

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Well I guess I can start my new build thread finally........been waiting over 2 years to build this bike but it is for daily street use rather than for racing as originally intended. I have to thank the following members of this forum for making this build finally possible: agk (Shane) for several high performance parts for the engine, dmb (Dennis) for the cool Dyno frame, Thud (Todd) for getting this 99cc Pred engine to California for me, steveco55 (Steve) for the motor mounts, maurtis (Mike) for the 90mm Sturmey Archer front hub, and all my racing buddies and friends for their inspiration and support. Thank you!

Day one of many.......ya gotta start somewhere.

So I got the motor mounts fitted, figured the engine placement on the soon to be finished mounting plate and am working on the front mount and other aluminum beef-ups.

This is going to be an awesome build!

.wee.

chainmaker

Jan 19, 2010
Ma USA
Oh yea, Scotto you have set the bar pretty high for yourself looking forward to seeing the bike come together

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
Building another ultimate bike always sounds like fun to me. Good luck with your build.

So am I correct in thinking your cylinder will aim up, and forward on this bike?

Otto

Nov 23, 2012
Forney, TX
Just curious about the angle of the motor mount. I'm guessing that will put the cylinder in a more upright position rather than leaning rearward using a horizontal mount. Has anyone run one of the new Predators mounted almost vertical? It would seem that they were designed to be mounted horizontally. Does anyone know what effect, if any, mounting it vertically will do?

I did read in the owner's manual under Setup Precautions,

4. Set up and use only on a flat, level, well‑ventilated surface.

Any thoughts?

jimmymc2286

Nov 26, 2012
Indiana
I'm running one of the 79cc Predators mounted vertical, and without any cooling tins. So far no problems at all. I pulled the valve covers off after the first 3 hours of running and there was oil everywhere. I didn't pull the side cover off. With the oil making it to the top I'm sure the rod is ok.

scotto-

Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Here are a few spy pics of the engine being mounted.......

Now try to imagine the frame being the same color as the engine and mounts....

I did say imagine.

Last edited:

scotto-

Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
A couple more for good measure......

Long way to go.......on the mounting plate alone. I want everything precise on this build, it is gonna take some time ;)

racie35

Nov 17, 2012
usa
looking great! I think someone posted earlier that the engine will need around 11 and 1/2 oz's stood up like that.

scotto-

Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
looking great! I think someone posted earlier that the engine will need around 11 and 1/2 oz's stood up like that.
I don't really see that as being a problem at all.......except for the fact that the oil I use costs $16.50 a liter. It's a price I don't mind paying for longevity and performance ;)

scotto-

Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Thanks guys, this mount for the engine is really making things easy so far, it's kind of a fluke really. The mounts will also make the set-up of the scott-o-matic transmission a breeze laff