Where do you carry your spare gasoline.

GoldenMotor.com

spad4me

Jan 20, 2008
Arizona Bullhead
I carry mine in old wine bottles bungeed to the right side of my frame.
I carry Re-fresments bungeed on the left side of the frame.
The only problem is later on in the day when I drink from the right.

Seriously how do you carry extra gasoline?

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
my last motorized bicycle i was trying to figure out how to carry extra gas and ended up buying a gallon gas tank for the bike, the new one i am gonna be building will have a 4 stoke titan on it and they only hold 1/4 of a gallon so i will be very interested to see what people come up with. the nice part is i am on an island that is only 28 miles long and 8 miles wide and i will not have to mix oil and gas so i can just pull in the gas station and fill it up so not really sure if i will need to hold more. i should find out soon enough

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
I used to carry a 12 oz bottle on the rack in back but I had it leak out because the bottle was too flex and created too much pressure on the liquid and it became a squeeze bottle. I have to find a container if I decide to do it again. I went with Joe's method now. I just made a half gallon of mix more than I needed and I add a little before every ride.

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
If i'm going on a long ride, I switch out my tank. I have two tank's, one is 2 1/2 gallon tank from a 85 200X, and the other is a 1 1/2 gallon tank from a 82 Yamaha YZ125. :ride2:

Jemma Hawtrey

Dec 29, 2007
Essex, UK
With the GEBE you only get about 20 miles range because it uses the standard scooby/tanaka fuel tank fitted to the motor.

I have fixed up a storage box in the frame centre that carries my tools and 2 x 250 baby wine bottles.

All in all that would give me around 60 miles at WOT and a little more if I baby it and the roads are flat...

If i had the money I would spring for a MB tank additionally that would give me probably another 40 miles so 100 miles in all or a 50 mile round trip - more than enough for me on an MB

Jemma xx

cityevader

May 11, 2008
Santa Cruiz, CA
I'm about to look into getting a motorcycle tank, typically around 3 gallons or so, and mount it to my rear pannier rack. I imagine the shape would somewhat resemble the trunks added onto scooters.
I've run out of gas twice. Once because fuel line popped off and drained the tank. Rough couple miles back home. The other time was 20 feet from gas station...nice!

Easy Rider

Santa Cruz Scooter Works
Jan 15, 2008
Nor*Cal
Go to any Outdoors or Camping store and buy a 32 oz. MSD can. That's what I use and I've had the same one since the 90's and it still doesn't leak.

silvermaker5

Jun 8, 2008
Baldwinsville, NY
my last motorized bicycle i was trying to figure out how to carry extra gas and ended up buying a gallon gas tank for the bike, the new one i am gonna be building will have a 4 stoke titan on it and they only hold 1/4 of a gallon so i will be very interested to see what people come up with. the nice part is i am on an island that is only 28 miles long and 8 miles wide and i will not have to mix oil and gas so i can just pull in the gas station and fill it up so not really sure if i will need to hold more. i should find out soon enough
Where did you find a 1 gallon tank? I've been looking for one.

NunyaBidness

Jun 29, 2008
memphis tn
for now I use the same Dr. Pepper 20 oz. bottle that I mix fuel in. *puts flame retardant suit on*
I know this is not the best way to do it but it works for me until I can get a better bottle.

datz510

May 9, 2008
Mesa, AZ
I carry spare fuel in a 5L vintage Czech gas cans:
ZAA-075 - Czech 1 Gallon Fuel Can Lightweight Steel Latching Lid, Handle Used

I have two of these cans and with both and a full tank of gas, could travel over 460 miles before needing to stop at a gas station. :)

These euro design cans are about the safest way to move fuel around. They do not leak, they are almost indestructible, and they last forever. Only down side is that you have to carry a flexible nozzle to attach to the can if you intend on getting most the fuel into the tank.

Nozzle is here:
ZBQ-1411 - Military Fuel Can Nozzle with Rubber Hose Fits NATO Style Fuel Cans - Hose is Replacable

Scotty

Jul 5, 2008
Melbourne Australia
I use 1 liter camping bottles at the moment but I was wondering if an old alloy powdered fire extinguisher canister would work. Do they have a plastic lining? Can this be removed? They come in loads of sizes.

Mobius

Jul 29, 2008
Oregon
I mention this only because I havnt seen it yet, and I know that I dont have a mb built yet but it seems like alogical idea.

just about any joes, sportsmans warehouse, or outdoor/fitness store (**** Ive even seen them at Wal mart) carry aluminum water bottles. why not mount this to your frame somewhere and use it.

Its not plastic so there wont be the possibility of breaking down. its a sturdy container that will fit in a water bottle cage, and they only cost like 3-5 bucks.

Thats what Im going to do

Weedylot

Angry Old Fart
Jun 12, 2008
Tucson Arizona
Just an odd thought I had awhile back for a different kind of fuel tank. An old portable size fire extinguisher bottle, slightly modified, slung beneath the cross bar. That way you can do away with the peanut tank on top. It might give a more board track racer look if that's what you want. That still puts some weight up high though...

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
Just an odd thought I had awhile back for a different kind of fuel tank. An old portable size fire extinguisher bottle, slightly modified, slung beneath the cross bar. That way you can do away with the peanut tank on top. It might give a more board track racer look if that's what you want. That still puts some weight up high though...
I have one of those on my back porch. It is so old that it is worthless now. I saw it last week when I was looking for something to use. I also saw one of my butane cylinders as well. But I want something with the filler in the side not the top if I'm going to that amount of trouble.

I have seen some old john deere mower thanks that are round with a center spout. I think I'm going to ride my bike to the lawn mower shop and see what they have there.

The chainsaw bike needs a fuel tank.