Where do you carry your spare gasoline.

GoldenMotor.com

chrisme

May 30, 2009
Maine
If I'm going on a long ride I'll put some water bottles of gas in my bag. Can get about 50miles on the 1/2gal tank. But sometimes I'm going 30 or 40 miles out into the middle of nowhere where there are no gas stations. So extra gas is a must.

bairdco

a guy who makes cool bikes
Aug 18, 2009
living the dream in southern california
lately, i've been carrying extra gas on my leg, my shorts, my socks... then there's some that dribbles down my frame, my cables, whatever the path of least resistance is.

my gas cap leaks, one of the bolts came unwelded, and now the seam is leaking.

the moped tank i just got is cool, but the ebay description of "clean inside" was a little misleading. if i could re-constitute all the rust back into iron, i could build two gas tanks.

i'm afraid to smoke, because of spontaneous human combustion, and everyone i meet thinks i work at a gas station.

when people ask me about my mileage, i tell them about 50 in the tank, and another 10 if i pour it out of my shoe...

this tank is history. that's it.

i'm done with this peanut tank. it's even too ugly to make into a flower pot.

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
lately, i've been carrying extra gas on my leg, my shorts, my socks... then there's some that dribbles down my frame, my cables, whatever the path of least resistance is.

the moped tank i just got is cool, but the ebay description of "clean inside" was a little misleading. if i could re-constitute all the rust back into iron, i could build two gas tanks.

i'm afraid to smoke, because of spontaneous human combustion, and everyone i meet thinks i work at a gas station.

when people ask me about my mileage, i tell them about 50 in the tank, and another 10 if i pour it out of my shoe...

Snork, snork. Tube socks make great filters

Kevlarr

Jul 22, 2009
Mi
Picked up one of these Saturday for $5.99 except mine's bright red

at the local department store.

Thought it fit pretty well, nice and tight, jammed between my seat post and rear rack until it slid out and bounced across both lanes of the road. A little scratched up and a few minor dents now but it still holds gas with no leaks.

Now it's secured with a large hose clamp to my seat post bolt.

Was a little worried about the inner coating that people say comes off so swished some lacquer thinner around inside and it still had a gold color, swished some MEK around inside and it still had a gold color so I put gas in it for two days and it STILL has a gold color inside. I don't think the inner coating is coming off this thing. laff

GearNut

Aug 19, 2009
San Diego, Kaliforgnia

I soak my skivvies in some before each outing. Wring them out into the tank when I need it.
It helps keep the boys warm and toasty during the ride.

JK! :p

kidcrash

Sep 20, 2009
gainesville, fl
I think I'll try the syringe idea, cleaning up by adding a 100ml injectable bottle filled with 100:1 opti-2 oil.
4cc for every 1/10 gallon. Just have to check if the oil is too thick for a 12 gage needle and if the oil is compatible with the silicone on the plunger and bottle cap.

aquarianmonkey

Sep 27, 2009
sedona Az.
I sometimes will do a 60 mile round trip just to get out. With all the hills one tank ain't going to do it. I only get about 80 mpg. So I have 2 tanks and sometimes carry a pre measured amount of oil for a half gal of gas, so I can fill at the pump.

chrisme

May 30, 2009
Maine
I sometimes will do a 60 mile round trip just to get out. With all the hills one tank ain't going to do it. I only get about 80 mpg. So I have 2 tanks and sometimes carry a pre measured amount of oil for a half gal of gas, so I can fill at the pump.
I carry a film canister with the right amount of gas for 1/2 gallon just in case I need to fill up on the go.
Of course I could buy oil at the gas station, but those little bottles are so expensive. And I like running synthetic. If I run regular I need to run it more rich, and then it messes up my carb's setting and it runs crappy.

Cabinfever1977

Mar 23, 2009
Upstate,NY
I don't need extra gas i get 180mpg lol.
i carry a small 2oz bottle of oil so i can fill up at the pump which is not very often.
I always run mine at WOT.

Last edited:

wes

Aug 17, 2009
Tucson Az
I carry enough oil for a gallon, much easier to carry 2.6 ounces of oil that to worry about a gas can, i get 60+ miles to a tank and have only needed the oil a couple times.

aquarianmonkey

Sep 27, 2009
sedona Az.
So I posted earlier with the 2 tanks and spare oil. My bike wieghs about 70 lbs. and gets about 80 mpg. My question is you that get about 100 mpg how much does your bike weigh.laff

Attachments