What size is rear wheel hub

GoldenMotor.com

Rusty_Nail

Oct 11, 2019
Thinking about getting a cnc sprocket for a huffy cranbrook with comfort fit frame. What is the diameter for the rear hub so i can get the right adapter size?

Tom from Rubicon

Apr 4, 2016
Rubicon, Wisconsin
Rusty, I am sure Curtis Fox will chime in to. He is a Husky Wheel booster rightfully so.
But consider this, I have a Huffy I motorized in 2016 box stock, with a Bikeberry 49cc 4stroke kit and intend to replace The wheel assembly soon with. Shimano CB110 rear coaster brake wheel.
Various venders.
The very best hub adapter can only be gotten from.
My recommendation is backed by Empirical results. My Sportsman Flyer 80 uses the above mentioned rear wheel assembly.
You know Rag Joint sprocket assemblies are less than ideal.
Is this your first build Rusty? Much good info on this forum if you can sift through the B.S. :D
Tom

Rusty_Nail

Oct 11, 2019
Yes it's my first build. Was originally going to put it on a 1990s mountain bike but the rear wheel was too small for all the bolts on the rag joint sprocket. Thanks for the link above I'll check it out. I've heard that a lot of people have trouble centering and trueing the stock sprocket so was considering getting the upgrade soon down the road. For now I just want to get the build done so I can go break her in :D

curtisfox

Dec 29, 2008
minesota
Think there is a video on how to mount rag joint, gas bike maybe. Get it centered rap tape around, or anything to fit the inside of the sprocket to hub, then tighten bolts even, so many turns to each one as you go around, will avoid wobble..........Curt

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
When using the rag joint I like to mount the sprocket to the wheel and then put the wheel back on the bike, with the bike upside down I spin the wheel and tighten the sprocket bolts to correct wobble.

Stieber73

Dec 9, 2022
So I have a Kent Bayside cruiser bike, the kit sprocket is crap do I am wanting to get a hub adapter, I used a string to measure round it and it gave me 3 1/2 inches, how do you convert this to diameter of the hub snd which adapter would mine use. Thanks for any help

Venice Motor Bikes

Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles
Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
So I have a Kent Bayside cruiser bike, the kit sprocket is crap do I am wanting to get a hub adapter, I used a string to measure round it and it gave me 3 1/2 inches, how do you convert this to diameter of the hub snd which adapter would mine use. Thanks for any help
Post a picture of it

Venice Motor Bikes

Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles
Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
I meant, post a picture of the hub!! *face palm*
luckily, I can see that you have a multi-speed bike.... so that means you're gonna have to buy a cheap caliper & measure the hub to figure out what sprocket adapter will fit.

If my memory is correct; those wheels have 40 spokes (& you need a wheel with 36 spokes for that sprocket to bolt onto nicely.

Also... that exhaust pipe aimed upward is a real bad idea!!!

Reactions: Sidewinder Jerry