What other hobbies or sports do you have besides motorized bicycles

GoldenMotor.com

Easy Rider

Santa Cruz Scooter Works
Jan 15, 2008
Nor*Cal
Re: What other hobbies or sports do you have besides MBs?

Now that its cold and wet outside I haven't been golfing much. My sons and I have started racing indoor 1:28 scale Mini-Z r/c cars. (Fast Pace Racing | Indoor Mini R/C Racing) It's pretty cool because every Friday Night is free racing and the best part is these cars rarely break!

bare bones

Jul 12, 2009
Austin

My other hobbies/projects are: Restoring/customizing/driving my 1962 Lincoln Continental (Woohoo it is finished!), Flying R/C planes (I fly Yellowbee planes--they are the china girl of the R/C plane world--very inexpensive/easy to fix and a whole lot of fun),most anything outdoors--surfing, wakeboarding, skateboarding, bmx, snowboarding, etc. I also wax and cast my own gold jewelry.

marts1

Sep 18, 2009
Oshawa Ont CA

Now that its cold and wet outside I haven't been golfing much. My sons and I have started racing indoor 1:28 scale Mini-Z r/c cars. (Fast Pace Racing | Indoor Mini R/C Racing) It's pretty cool because every Friday Night is free racing and the best part is these cars rarely break!
I used to have fun with electric rcs many years ago when nicads were the only batteries available but it didn't take long before I got board mainly because the speed was too slow. The gas powered were too finicky and loud to be bothered with. The much faster speeds is very appealing.

Easy Rider

Santa Cruz Scooter Works
Jan 15, 2008
Nor*Cal

I used to have fun with electric rcs many years ago when nicads were the only batteries available but it didn't take long before I got board mainly because the speed was too slow. The gas powered were too finicky and loud to be bothered with. The much faster speeds is very appealing.
You should see the new brushless motors with Lipo batteries. They are amazingly fast. In fact I watched a race between a nitro 1/10 scale against a electric 1/10 scale with a brushless motor set up and the electric was almost twice as fast. It lapped the nitro about evert 5th lap.

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona

I enjoy riding & racing Dirt Bikes and Quads, been doing it since I was old enough to walk. Had a 01 660 but had to sell it because of financial problems. Lately I just borrow my buddy's 07 450.

I also enjoy hanging out with my nephew and cruising the desert in his mini-rail.

My true passion is driving race cars, but can't afford it any more.

Attachments

Last edited:

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX

I enjoy many of the above, but staying out of the dog house is consuming most of my free time these days.

hellhammered

Jan 23, 2010
Maine

I like to fix up bicycles and computers. Play PC shooters. I've been dabbling in 1:64 diecast customizing, photography, graphic design, and now MB-ing.

Before

After

Nashville Kat

Apr 20, 2009
Jacksonville, Florida

I play a little music- classical guitar mostly-

and I study maps and languages and translate scriptures, because I'm personally a part of the Old Testament- and untold histories

I am Benjamin and I ravin as a wolf....

Technocyclist

Motorized Bicycle Senior Technologist
Jul 7, 2008
Asia

Besides the MB, I'm also into R/C Monster Trucking, Helicopter, and Airplanes. Also into Gopeds, Fishing, Archery, Girl-Watching, Computer Programming and Systems Design, Window Shopping, and Malling. I also cook... :)

BTW, also burning up HT China Girls, and getting pretty good at it... :) I already have burned 3 of them... :) must be something wrong with my frame and handlebars, coz those are the only things I haven't replaced yet... :)

Last edited:

jjstanza

Apr 20, 2009
Columbus, Ohio

My hobbies outside of motor bikes are finding the best "greasy spoon" type restaurants around and racing compact cars. My wife and I have been known to drive over 1100 miles in a weekend just to eat at a restaurant. I had to retire from racing after a crash left me with a broken leg and torn ligaments in my ankle. 2 surgeries later I can walk but with a limp and the wife suggested I find another hobby. That’s where motor bikes come in.

Attachments

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada

Retired from restoring antique furniture for 40+ years. Now, it's enjoying being retired and it turns out I'm very good at it.

Restoring a 1952 Monarck Super Deluxe bike and building various sidecar bodies to put on it. That is turning into the real hobby. Just got to love mahogany and walnut when it has a dozen coats of varnish on it.

Steve.

mountain80

Aug 8, 2008
Red Deer, Alberta

I used to collect coins and stamps as a kid. As I got older it was motorcycles then got into motorcycle dragracing. I camp, read, and am generally into mechanical things. I do a lot of sport touring and camping on my motorcycle now.

kicking

Apr 11, 2010
mississippi
Hobbies i have a lot of them lol heres some

Hobbies i have a lot of them lol heres some ,, painting happy trees and clouds...here is my happy buddy! Alexander Art Official Site i am just starting to paint happy people ,,,and have my grand baby here in pics of my painting... i sold all my happy tree and cloud paintings and have none for now .. whats yalls hobby ?

Attachments

kicking

Apr 11, 2010
mississippi
well // my wife and i go to a course here for

well // my wife and i go to a course here for $13 bucks it si a very nice course for the $ i need help with swing lol i got an + 12 when i was syked up lol but it pretty and a nice ride

I was just curious about the other hobbies the members of this forum.
As for me, besides racing minimotos I started golfing about a year now after a 7 year lay off because of my shoulder problem. It's funny because I've had some expensive sets of clubs in the past (Taylor Made, Ping and Calloway). A few months ago I decided to build a set of clubs. I bought a set of graphite shafts, grips and heads. The whole set cost under $200. This is cheap considering a nice set of clubs are usually $700+. I cut them to my prefered lengths and glued the heads on. I couldn't believe that these cheap clubs I made shaved off 8 strokes off of my game. Are there any other golfers here? If so what type of clubs do you use? Also, what are your other interest or hobbies?

Nov 23, 2009
Lakeland, FL

I'm into R/C airplanes and currently putting the supercharger back on my '85 Corvette and trying to get my 32 Chevy 2-door sedan running by this time next year. I've also got a 27 Ford T roadster pickup with a Desoto Hemi that's been my long-term project since High School. My first gallon of fuel for it will probably come from my social security check!