well, red ryder fired up!!! i'm stoked

GoldenMotor.com

lawnranger

May 6, 2019
Austin, TX
hello i'm lawnranger (have a side gig lawn company)...anyway finally got second build built...been crappy rainy weather..after a lil tinkering...and cussing...cheap china stuff...she fired up...i real happy cause i had my doubts...went thru kingsmotorbikes....they had some horrible reviews...but it works...for now. i'll shoot a video when i can talk my son into stop laughing and hold the camera...haha. they are pretty fun to run around neighborhood, i'm gonna use mine to go to work cause truck down. good way to wake everyone up at 6a.m. .bld.usflg

Reactions: fasteddy

allen standley

Oct 22, 2011
Bangor, Maine
Welcome Lawnranger!
I ride to work every day I can. 14 mile to and fro. My other vehicle is v8 chev pick up.
In a cost contrast, 1 Gallon o gas truck = 1 day to and from work. 1 Gallon gas bike=2 weeks to and from work.
Good Luck to you. Have fun and be safe.

Reactions: fasteddy

lawnranger

May 6, 2019
Austin, TX
thanks dudes. i tweeked carb a bit...figured out i DO need to choke motor upon first start...plus its still breaking in...rode to store for t.p. and started in two pedals ! i tighten chain a little more too. i forgot lots more pull on rear axle now...i work at home depot so i'm gonna get some lock washers for rear...yeah i'm getting my 77 c10 in a month or so..but i still gonna ride my moto when weather pemits. one my contractors i load everyday lives in neighborhood..."says ah Richard...heard ya yesterday..i came out and i think you zoomed by bout 30mph...i yelled slow down...hahaha...but you were gone!"

lawnranger

May 6, 2019
Austin, TX
damn straight but momma bear says "toooo dangerous"
i say so's playing football with his buddies...or swimming...or **** crossing the road to school
chicks...hahaha

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
Any of the accessories you want are fine, the one I recommend is a rear view mirror. The dang nascar wanna be’s will run you off the road.

Reactions: indian22

lawnranger

May 6, 2019
Austin, TX
dig that Indian22
and yeah i'm not digging the look over the shoulder thing Greg58
everyone in such a rush...got waves from kiddos passing a school today...heck ya
hahaha
do use my hand signals too

lawnranger

May 6, 2019
Austin, TX
oh also curious...sucker vibrates quite a bit...is like a weekly tightening of all bolts a lil overkill? whats a good time frame for just routine maintenance? thanks

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
I do use hand signals, flashing lights too. When we ride as a group I ride in the rear and keep watch for traffic overtaking us, most drivers like when I wave them on around, I always let the bikes ahead of me know.

lawnranger

May 6, 2019
Austin, TX
how do i raise my motor higher on frame safely? i was thinking double stacking rear "c" shaped mount?
n can i heat up and bend tailpipe?
thank dudes...happy memorial day

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
As long as you Mount the engine solid it should be safe, slide it up the seat tube of the frame and build a front mount spacer. You can get a longer u-bolt at places like home depot, however you chose to extend the front mount make it solid. You can heat and bend the head pipe of the muffler, I've done it before.