Vintagizing a motor with hot rod wires :)

GoldenMotor.com

Velodrome

May 27, 2011
Phoenix-ish
dance1 !! PARTS ARRIVED !! dance1 And boy oh boy, did Dan come through! The welds on the velocity stack are PERFECT! and the idea of a Jesus clip holding in a double screen to keep gravel and mice out of the motor is genius. The rope pull thingy is just beautiful. Taylar Cycles makes nice things.

Attachments

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
I didn't want to hurt them so I put them down quickly! ya know didn't want to tarnish them (LOL!) lets not! let this go to far.
Dude I bought a 1956 Schwinn Travler today for $27.55,well most of it, needs some parts.

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
The bike needs a lot of stuff but like I said I have a "74" Schwinn Varsity in the shed that I can part out and it's a nice one too! Hate! to part it out.
Is the red one yers? what size wheels are they? the ones on the Varsity are 27x1 1/4" and I know that the Travlers had 26x1 3/8"

Attachments

MotoMagz

Aug 2, 2010
Michigan
Wow your engine blows mine away!I bought another engine and for right now am leaving it looking stock.What did you do to your flywheel so shiney?? paint?I will get that video up soon I swear..cough cough

Velodrome

May 27, 2011
Phoenix-ish
Thanks Moto! The flywheel was going to be chromed ( and still might be ) but I thought I'd try some chrome in a can first. Its acid etch primer with rattle can chrome paint over top. Start of this week I sent my oil plug to Dan ( Taylar cycles ) he's making me a knurled brass one to match the rest of the brass parts!

Last edited:

chainmaker

Jan 19, 2010
Ma USA
Hey Velo
GREAT job prettying her up. Im doing a Stingray and I think somthing like that might look pretty nice. Would you mind sharing the dimensions of it stripped?

Velodrome

May 27, 2011
Phoenix-ish
Sorry chain. I been buisy working on a condo I bought for my mother and regular work too. I'll get those measurments soon. Hey.. Wait a min.