Vintagizing a motor with hot rod wires :)

GoldenMotor.com

Velodrome

May 27, 2011
Phoenix-ish
Im still looking for my hat. I finally got my oil plug from Dan. Ive been working either at my mothers new condo trying to get her setteled and out of my house OR at work so no workie on bikeee. No pics either yet of the finished motor. AND its suposed to rain here on the Pahonix area for the whole weekend.

Velodrome

May 27, 2011
Phoenix-ish
And a few more of the plug. Truckd turned me on to a German bike parts house and I couldnt resist ordering one "O" these cool "exhausts" for low rider bikes. I THINK it might actually function without melting. Well... With some modifications of course.... STANDBY FOR NEWS!

Attachments

Last edited:

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
Thats a Damnn God Looking Pipe!! will you be running it at a down word angle? don't burn anything up and forgive my ignorance but what is the big black hose in the front of the engine for? is that like the carry straps for a car battery(LOL!) for reals though what is it?

Velodrome

May 27, 2011
Phoenix-ish
If it catches my pants on fire it will have to go... I plan to run the exhaust back. This motor, the exhaust comes out the L side, so just another 90 deg left turn and out she goes. The strap is actually a Drainzit from Northern tool. Makes oil changes clean, fast and easy!!! azbill turned me onto them and I've had one on my Felt Twin / HS 49cc build from the start. 5 min oil changes with no mess. Just have a long skinny funnel to get the oil back in.

Velodrome

May 27, 2011
Phoenix-ish
The exhaust will be cut in half and rewelded to reorent the slash to the outside. I have a flange from AGK to weld it to and a good spot for a support arm on the motor. Course; after all that it will need to be re chromed ( In chrome not fakee gold ) OR mabey Ill take it over to JetHot in Tempe and have it silver ceramic coated.

Velodrome

May 27, 2011
Phoenix-ish
I also have dreams of an DUAL exhaust for this motor: but thats in the distant future. Imagine a "T" coming off the exhaust port with one short pipe heading aft and the other wrapping around the front of the motor and around to the R side. The one short and slightly restricted run and an unrestricted long run. Im thinking the diffrence in exhaust lengths will lengthen the peak decibal duration ( if at a lower peak of max volume ) thus making the motor sound larger than it is and / or giving two separate exhaust reports making it kinda sorta sound like a twin cil. Sneeky huh?

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
Actually you cut two exaust pipes where it is to be welded to the port flange into a pie shape(long triangle) cut then weld the two together (might take some sanding and filing) creating one pipe to the flange, this also assure's an even exaust flow, I too have been pondering the Idea on a Chinee build.

Last edited:

Harold_B

May 23, 2012
Grand Rapids, MI
Any updates on this Velo? I bought the same engine to replace the two stroke on my 1903 and I'm looking at this build as one of the benchmarks.

Velodrome

May 27, 2011
Phoenix-ish
Well; Im still fiddeling with the dang jackshaft from AGK. I made a catch can and ran coiled copper tubing to it! Then I broke it... :-|| Once I have in back where it belonges I'll post up with pics!