Villiers Boardtrack Racer

GoldenMotor.com

harry76

Apr 16, 2011
Brisbane, Australia
Just a thought. If you have another tank, you could mount in above the front motor and feed it. Im thinking it would fill the gap and look better...... but then again it probably looks good riding it and looking down at the motors.....

Cam Nz

May 14, 2011
Whangarei, New Zealand
Your right on it mate! the tanks being relocated to that location, the seat is going more in the dip between the curves and the handle bars are going much further forward.

What else do you think would make it look better mate?

Cheers, Cam.

harry76

Apr 16, 2011
Brisbane, Australia
No i meant run 2 tanks. Leave one where it is and mount another one inside the frame, you could probably do with the extra fuel storage having two motors dont you think?

I quite like your unique styled frame, if its comfortable as is i say dont change it, thats my two cents...... but if you were to change it maybe do something with the loop from the rear axle to the seat.

But you could be right, if you get your seat down in that dip would look good too. Cant wait to see what you do.

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
Cam,
That's pretty serious looking with one in front of the other... double trouble! (good name for the bike). I think moving the seat as you say. Then the handlebars to make that seat position's reach feel right. Since one engine is in from of the other, how about doubling up the gas tank by joining them together end to end? Maybe do the filler as an offset or even two separate fillers with two separate reservoirs. Cut the mating ends off and at a slight angle to help follow the loop, weld them together. Or don't cut them at all, but still join them together end to end leaving each intact, but welding on a section of surrounding steel to join them into one unit of two separate tanks... That way you'd have no concerns of leaking from welds and would always know you had that second tank section to switch on and a reminder to fill the first one again. Just thinking. I also like it the way it is. Just amazing, mate.
SB

Cam Nz

May 14, 2011
Whangarei, New Zealand
Sorry for the apparent stall, im really busy at the moment, ill machine that last crankshaft pulley adapter up and set about making the drive next, i was thinking two tanks side-by-side up above the motors area, what do you think? - doubt i can get a second, may be able to make one...

Cheers, Cam.

silverbear

Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
Two tanks side by side would give easy access to the fill caps. A second would likely turn up some time. Are you also using a belt drive or will you go chain drive?
SB

curtisfox

Dec 29, 2008
minesota
Heres a few photos, managed to get one out of the camera, still need to get new batteries...

The really rusty brown one is the rudge, and theres a couple of healings in there as well, the pic with the tractor in is the guy who i bought the little mk2 off, thats his workshop,i also got rings for my ohv mk15 villiers, a new piston for this project, and a working mk12 villiers for fifty bucks total.

Cheers, Cam.

I have been fallowing this and now I see two motors MOST AWESOME BUILD! I agree two tanks up front or even one biger one. Maybe like a Simplex?

Now I wat two Villers...........Curt

Cam Nz

May 14, 2011
Whangarei, New Zealand
Hey guys.

Unfortunately i have not had enough time to work on the bike lately, however this weekend i came across a real gem, now its not mine but i have been given instruction to restore the motor, its a motorcade av3 i believe with a little villiers motor on it, i hope to get time to work on my bike,

Cheers, Cam.

- camera is being really gay, and i have to get some new batteries so picture was hazy.

harry76

Apr 16, 2011
Brisbane, Australia
Man that is too cool. Any more photos woud be nice. How does that drive setup work? How big are all the pulleys and sprockets? That may be handy information. It looks like about a 2" on the front? I bought a 3" but maybe thats still too high. But if i go lower then a 3" my MPH will drop to under 20mph on the calculator if i recall correctly. :-(

MEASURE TWICE

Jul 13, 2010
CA
I was looking at that an think I see that there is a v-belt going to the pedals. Supprise, I never saw that done before.

Measure Twice

silverbear

Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
Real interesting. So many variations on the old bikes... so many ways of doing things. Yes, that drive setup is intriguing... might turn out to be something very useful. I'll also be interested to see how the engine was mounted... under the frame like that. Yeah, get some more photos. You need some time off for your own stuff... wanna see your Double Trouble racer fired up and rolling down the track. You boys from down under do some awesome stuff. Must have something to do with your being upside down. Harry said something in his thread this morning about kangaroos bouncing around where he lives... and it's winter there right now, eh? It all seems backwards in an interesting and strange way, like hearing about life on another planet. Good to know there are motorbicycles in your world, too. Even if they do have two motors. Ha!
SB

curtisfox

Dec 29, 2008
minesota
Hey guys.

Unfortunately i have not had enough time to work on the bike lately, however this weekend i came across a real gem, now its not mine but i have been given instruction to restore the motor, its a motorcade av3 i believe with a little villiers motor on it, i hope to get time to work on my bike,

Cheers, Cam.

- camera is being really gay, and i have to get some new batteries so picture was hazy.

This one is close:Astrale ...Got it off Moped gallery:http://www.users.globalnet.co.uk/~pattle/nacc/gallery/galindex.html

Last edited:

Cam Nz

May 14, 2011
Whangarei, New Zealand
Hey guys, sorry about the absence! im like this with projects

I've hurt my foot quite badly when a vehicle i was dismantling came down on me, so im out for a little bit to heal.

Thanks for the references, you are right the models are the same, motorbecane av3, the guy who owns it has completely stripped it, and its been colour matched, so now it will be sandblasted and painted

Cheers guys. sorry again for the absence!

Cam.