This forum needs a name change

GoldenMotor.com

Venice Motor Bikes

Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles
Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
Ebikes are far superior in every way except their batteries are bad for the environment. That will change with time.

Name all the ways that you think e-bikes are superior to gas bikes, (so we can (again) prove you wrong).

I've said it before... e-bikers are the 'vegans' of the motorized bike world, with a false sense of superior morality. :ride:

I'll add this.... Tesla drivers are the same way!!! (they're also competing with BMW drivers for the title of 'rudest' drivers on the road.

Last edited:

wrench

Aug 20, 2019
So Cal
In Cold climates around the world EV batteries are being ruined by freezing temps.
Whatcha gonna do run down to the local auto parts store and buy a new battery LOL

This really encourages people who live in cold climates to buy EVs

Reactions: Sidewinder Jerry

Sidewinder Jerry

Dec 19, 2011
Rockwood, TN
I wouldn't doubt a large deposit of lithium has been discovered on the moon which is why they won't to go back there and electric is being pushed so much. Heaven forbid we go the cheaper route and develop hydrogen technology conversion.

Tony01

Nov 28, 2012
sf bay area
Name all the ways that you think e-bikes are superior to gas bikes, (so we can (again) prove you wrong).

I've said it before... e-bikers are the 'vegans' of the motorized bike world, with a false sense of superior morality. :ride:

I'll add this.... Tesla drivers are the same way!!! (they're also competing with BMW drivers for the title of 'rudest' drivers on the road.
All you’ve proven so far is that you don’t know. The Tesla drivers are the rudest because of the auto pilot which drives the car and the auto high beam which is the dumbest feature ever and the drivers can’t even permanently turn it off. But a Tesla is the fastest you can buy. The Tesla plaid ($140k) does 0-60 in pretty much 2s flat, and the next fastest gas car does it half a second slower and is double the price (Porsche 911 turbo). I can’t afford either one, but I’d still take the Porsche.

Yes all the EV old timers do have a sense about them. Tesla drivers too. But they turn a blind eye or simply prefer their blissful ignorance to the humanitarian crisis in the Congo with thousands of malnourished young and old Africans mining the toxic materials needed for EV batteries.

Ebikes are superior for four major reasons: high performance, high reliability, near zero maintenance, and they’re not complete cop and dude magnets like diy gas bikes are (unless you are very slow, then you’re not a cop magnet).

Last edited:

Mossy

May 20, 2022
Ebikes are superior for four major reasons: high performance, high reliability, near zero maintenance, and they’re not complete cop and dude magnets like diy gas bikes are (unless you are very slow, then you’re not a cop magnet).
[/QUOTE]

I'll bite.. I could go to your town and get E bikes banned and leave a skid mark on everything... How you ride is the cop magnet... Out of the box reliable and low maintenance... until one thing goes out then it's odd ball replacement parts that most likely are unique to the specific bike... With some tinkering the gas will go further... And have generic replacement parts... And your starting out cheap... So by the time I've used $3000 in gas parts I've gotten further down the road with 300 gas motors the bicycle being the same... The only advantage the E bike has is it's clean and no flammable fuels if you're bringing it into the home or office... But there is a fire Hazzard and it's sneaky surprise... Gas is something we're used to handling so in many way it's safer and respected... I'm going to notice something wrong with my fuel system before you notice your battery getting ready for a melt down...
Gas has history that will never go away has has seen electric come and go several times the only way electric works is with diesel electric in tug boats and locomotive... Large machines in mining and remote control stuff it's just not practical for personal transport... The electric trucks there pushing now are going to be a disaster if you pull a load with it... Looks good on paper until the range is considered... Empty say you can go 300 miles loaded fully mabe 50... Then the cycling of the battery not to mention the extreme weather and conditions people use trucks for... Tesla is a collector item no difference than a Corvette and the same attitude goes with it...

Reactions: Sidewinder Jerry

Tony01

Nov 28, 2012
sf bay area
@Mossy We are only talking motorbikes here.

"by the time I've used $3000 in gas parts I've gotten further down the road with 300 gas motors the bicycle being the same"

That kinda proves my point doesn't it? "Buy once, cry once."

wrench

Aug 20, 2019
So Cal
Maintenance, is just a reality of owning a M/B Gas or Electric

In the 17 years I've had my Whizzer M/B I put on over 40k miles
DSCF9603.JPG
Sure I've had to maintain my Whizzer with religious maintenance and change some parts
Whizzer is for the pavement
DSCF6318.JPG DSCF4681.JPG
I also own a Fat Tire E bike, Rad Rover 5
I love the E Bike for off road & trails
DSCF9374.JPG DSCF5006.JPG
No argument here about which one is better. I love both bikes, they each have their own style and place to ride

Which type of M/C is better
I ride a Harley and IMO no E M/C can match that,
On my typical 200 mile weekend ride I would never make it home on an E M/C LOL
I can on 5 gal tank of gas @ 47 MPG
DSCF9164.JPG DSCF9170.JPG

Last edited:

Tony01

Nov 28, 2012
sf bay area
I think it’s funny how fast the guys here get triggered over even a hint of a gas vs electric discussion. Ebikes are fast as h*ll and aren’t man magnets. What’s not to like? Y’all still like those 100 questions conversations or what, I got over that quick once it became apparent it’s never another builder. “I don’t know, it’s my buddy’s bike”

Mossy

May 20, 2022
@Mossy We are only talking motorbikes here.

"by the time I've used $3000 in gas parts I've gotten further down the road with 300 gas motors the bicycle being the same"

That kinda proves my point doesn't it? "Buy once, cry once."
My bad I didn't realize E bikes were were priced similar to gas ... Where do you get the $100 complete electric motor kits from ? Do you realize how long it would take to wear out $3000 gas motors ? So your saying an e bike will last 6O years on average with no money put into it... Given the gas lasts 2 years ... If you can get 4 years out of a gas engine the electric will need to last 120 years to be equil in bang for the buck.. but your right on with twisting posts making a point that it's stupid to have gas when electric is better... The forum would benefit from posts about the e bike and not having to be cluttered with gas engine posts... I love to take things apart and put it back together... Brushes and windings just don't do it for me... Assuming if I'm building a gas engine from individual parts an e bike builder would start with a mile of wire from scratch... To do a real comparison

Sidewinder Jerry

Dec 19, 2011
Rockwood, TN
My bad I didn't realize E bikes were were priced similar to gas ... Where do you get the $100 complete electric motor kits from ? Do you realize how long it would take to wear out $3000 gas motors ? So your saying an e bike will last 6O years on average with no money put into it... Given the gas lasts 2 years ... If you can get 4 years out of a gas engine the electric will need to last 120 years to be equil in bang for the buck.. but your right on with twisting posts making a point that it's stupid to have gas when electric is better... The forum would benefit from posts about the e bike and not having to be cluttered with gas engine posts... I love to take things apart and put it back together... Brushes and windings just don't do it for me... Assuming if I'm building a gas engine from individual parts an e bike builder would start with a mile of wire from scratch... To do a real comparison
My 4-stroke 33cc Robin Subaru is 13 years old, has close to 5000 hours of use on it, and still working great. All I've ever done to it is replace the spark plug, change oil/adjust the valve lashes every 25 hours of use, and clean the air filter every 10 hours. I did replace the non-adjustable carburetor with an adjustable one. So as one can see just basic routine maintenance. When I bought the engine it was around $400.

I have very few electrical devices that are over 13 years old that I haven't had to repair. I have a 5-quart gas tank. I'm sure I can fill it quicker than a battery can be recharged and go much further on my full tank than even the biggest e-bike batteries can go.

As for the environment wouldn't it be better and cheaper to convert combustion engines to hydrogen? This makes me wonder what the true agenda is with trying to push electric onto everyone????

Tony01

Nov 28, 2012
sf bay area
Where do you get the $100 complete electric motor kits from ?... ...Given the gas lasts 2 years ...

To do a real comparison
I don’t deal in garbage or dishonesty.

A $100 kit on a $100 bicycle is garbage. Nobody that is new is going to get 2 years out of it let alone 2 blocks before their chain pops off or the motor shakes something loose.

“To do a real comparison:”

24hp 212 clone 110lb gas bike: tilly 263r block, complete engine, disc clutch and drivetrain, custom jackshaft: ~$2200

30hp 3000w based 160lb ebike: battery, motor, controller, charger, J-plug. ~$2300

Custom frame, wheels, brakes, etc +$1200 Both cost $3500 and will do 0-60 before you even pedal start your $100 garbage.

I’ve provided the spec sheet for the cells for my next build. Rated 6000 cycles and I put at least 70 miles a cycle. Do the math.

Attachments

Last edited:

wrench

Aug 20, 2019
So Cal
I think it’s funny how fast the guys here get triggered over even a hint of a gas vs electric discussion.
I don’t deal in garbage or dishonesty.

A $100 kit on a $100 bicycle is garbage. Nobody that is new is going to get 2 years out of it let alone 2 blocks before their chain pops off or the motor shakes something loose.

“To do a real comparison:”

24hp 212 clone 110lb gas bike: tilly 263r block, complete engine, disc clutch and drivetrain, custom jackshaft: ~$2200

30hp 3000w based 160lb ebike: battery, motor, controller, charger, J-plug. ~$2300

Custom frame, wheels, brakes, etc +$1200 Both cost $3500 and will do 0-60 before you even pedal start your $100 garbage.

I’ve provided the spec sheet for the cells for my next build. Rated 6000 cycles and I put at least 70 miles a cycle. Do the math.
Yep, it sure is funny, your cracking me up laff JKN

• Haha
Reactions: Mossy

Mossy

May 20, 2022
I suppose someone could swap batteries along a route like a relay... As long as they can do it on the run with out stopping and get the batteries cheaper than the fuel ... Electric wins all else being even...

Tony01

Nov 28, 2012
sf bay area
I suppose someone could swap batteries along a route like a relay... As long as they can do it on the run with out stopping and get the batteries cheaper than the fuel ... Electric wins all else being even...
I suppose someone could keep avoiding discussion along a topic... As long as they can do it like a robot without stopping and get readers really confused ... The morons win all, misleading even...

Rich Allen

Oct 29, 2021
I have several of all 3 bicycle types, e-bikes, 2 stroke china's, and analog pedal bikes, I really don't have problems with any of them except routine maintenance. The smooth quiet ride of the electrics is great, the power and simplicity of the 2 strokes are fun, and hitting the trails on a mountain bike is great exercise and fun. In a year since being into the gas bikes, I have not seen a single other one on the road in all my travels with them since I started, they are not popular here. E-bikes have become mainstream and they are all over, they're so easy to use you see 80 year old's out on them. The good thing for me on the gas bikes is I get taken for an e-bike, cops have never looked twice at me. If you are into powered bikes, try both the electric and gas, keeps things interesting:)

Mossy

May 20, 2022
I'm going to set up one engine for E85 with bigger jets I think the 2 stroke will benefit from the more fuel and oil to cool the engine just don't let the fuel sit and dry out leaving the sugar behind... USB rechargeable lights that I could keep charged with a small battery for long trips or over night and for a phone... Is how I'm going about the 21st century technology... Earbuds I think are the greatest thing so I'm not cluttered with gear and can take it with me or basically wear the electrics ...
I don't like the quiet of E bikes... If you can hear me coming or hear me in your blind spot it's going to be safer... People see a bicycle there going to mis judge your speed ...
He came at me with the $100 kit and his 300 motors. It’s getting tougher every day here on the internet
There are $50 motors... But beyond the demographics it's about taking a pice of trash and making it reliable the whole remaufacturing process and just plugging in a electric motor after taking it out of the box doesn't give the same level of satisfaction...

Mossy

May 20, 2022
I can't be the only one who loves the feeling of cruzing around on something you built and tuned up from scratch... The thrill of finding that magic combination of parts and the trials and fails along the way... Looking over my welds on a frame I just modified... Feeling like the wright brothers as there just getting off the ground... ;)

Reactions: Oldbiscuit