This forum needs a name change

GoldenMotor.com

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
This site gives the E bikers their own Forum
It's not just a small section It's an E Bike Forum with 4 sections

I guess @biknut won't be happy until he can change the name and the format of this Forum

I suggest @biknut to talk with www.MotorBicycling.com Administration
Staff
@erics Adminstrator
@2door Moderator
I would say there's 3 general forums about 3 different style eBikes, and one forum about battery's. Nothing wrong with that.

There's a Whizzer spicific forum too. This is the differecne. If a whizzer posts a question about hubs in the main forum, it stays. Why should eBikes be different?

Tony01

Nov 28, 2012
sf bay area
Yes, and it was moved.
That sucks. But a lot of us use the “new posts” or “what’s new” tabs to see what’s going on so it wouldn’t affect me. It’s only when I access off a computer browser I look in the individual forums.

Tony01

Nov 28, 2012
sf bay area
I really think there’s just too many sub forums in general. Like with the ebikes, we have 4 sub forums for a fairly low traffic topic. General, hub, non hub, batteries. Should just be one.

“motorized-bicycle-mechanical-components” which is FIVE sub forums should just be “motorbike technical”

The forum is kinda setup the old way. Nowadays everything is done with tags. When I search I don’t do so in one particular forum, I search for keywords.

All my custom builds I put in mb welding/fab, but they could have gone to DIY non kit, or general, or motorized cruisers, or stretch cruisers, or ebike hub motor and non hub for the last couple builds.

If I looked at every sub forum every time I visited this site and just browsed the first page of topics it would take me half an hour to just do that.

But only using new posts caused me to miss a couple threads I wanted to see because I wasn’t on for a while.

Last edited:

wrench

Aug 20, 2019
So Cal
I would say there's 3 general forums about 3 different style eBikes, and one forum about battery's. Nothing wrong with that.

There's a Whizzer spicific forum too. This is the differecne. If a whizzer posts a question about hubs in the main forum, it stays. Why should eBikes be different?
I don't want to continua a pointless conversation
Ask @erics the Admisistrator you questions and tell him your arguments

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
The forum is kinda setup the old way.
Pretty pretty insightful comment in more ways than one. I joined this forum is 2008. A lot has changed since then. eBikes were rare back then, but now they're exploding in popularity. Imo eBicycles reached parity with gas bicycles a few years ago, and they were the first electric vehicles to do so. Electric motorcycles, and cars still don't quite measure up.

The heart of the problem with easing up on the apartheid system this forum uses isn't from the admin of the forum, it's from the outdated mindset of the gas bike members. I have special insight into this, because I used to be one of them.

Remember Stunner? This was my last, and best gas build.
Stunner.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: wrench and Tony01

wrench

Aug 20, 2019
So Cal
You know you want to.... I'll just pop some corn and watch the whizzer and E bike battle for supremacy :) $100 kit still better than both
Your Crazy there's no comparison,
These E Bikes @biknut and @Tony are building and modifying are awesome.(^)

Surron 2023 E Dirt Bike is pretty cool too.
My neighbors got two 2021 Surron all tricked out with bigger wheels & forks
Yeah, he invested some money, He's kinda jealous of the New 2023

Last edited:

Mossy

May 20, 2022
Your Crazy there's no comparison,
These E Bikes @biknut and @Tony are building and modifying are awesome.(^)

Surron 2023 E Dirt Bike is pretty cool too.
My neighbors got two 2021 Surron all tricked out with bigger wheels & forks
Yeah, he invested some money, He's kinda jealous of the New 2023

I might be crazy but I'm not jealous of whatever it is... I have my own mods I'm working out... Kawasaki KTM Polaris Honda Pugeot Sthil Yamaha just to name a few of them... Why it's been 2 years in research and development... Only the castings is happy time... I agree with you about the awesomeness of inovation it's what I do just in my own way... I also have a 4 stroke I'm putting parts together for... The pictures are of the KTM sx65 flange on a phantom jug and a KX 65 reed in a Honda Dio intake.... I'm the first to come up with dirt bike reeds and exaust flange... Unproven as of yet... I've got a clutch setup that I've come up with several ways that's unique... I use the forum for ideas and post my take on it for others if they happen to come along to share it... Everyday there's something new with this 100+ year old gas motors... If I had to trial and error every development it would be another 100 years so I'm fast tracking it by taking the time to study every component and countless crossovers... Once my Russian D4 motor shows up I'll have every 2 smoke motorized bicycle engine available... Nice mix of new and old frames... All single speed ... The only problem I have is the 125gig of data I've accumulated and getting it organized and printed out to a 10,000 page hard copy I can then pick from for reference... Then all I will have to do is focus on the building and a few odds and ends... If I built everything it would more than double the forum content going back to day one... But the majority of it are spares for future use... For the price of 2 suron bikes...

Attachments

wrench

Aug 20, 2019
So Cal
I might be crazy but I'm not jealous of whatever it is... I have my own mods I'm working out... Kawasaki KTM Polaris Honda Pugeot Sthil Yamaha just to name a few of them... Why it's been 2 years in research and development... Only the castings is happy time... I agree with you about the awesomeness of inovation it's what I do just in my own way... I also have a 4 stroke I'm putting parts together for... The pictures are of the KTM sx65 flange on a phantom jug and a KX 65 reed in a Honda Dio intake.... I'm the first to come up with dirt bike reeds and exaust flange... Unproven as of yet... I've got a clutch setup that I've come up with several ways that's unique... I use the forum for ideas and post my take on it for others if they happen to come along to share it... Everyday there's something new with this 100+ year old gas motors... If I had to trial and error every development it would be another 100 years so I'm fast tracking it by taking the time to study every component and countless crossovers... Once my Russian D4 motor shows up I'll have every 2 smoke motorized bicycle engine available... Nice mix of new and old frames... All single speed ... The only problem I have is the 125gig of data I've accumulated and getting it organized and printed out to a 10,000 page hard copy I can then pick from for reference... Then all I will have to do is focus on the building and a few odds and ends... If I built everything it would more than double the forum content going back to day one... But the majority of it are spares for future use... For the price of 2 suron bikes...
R&D ;)