This forum needs a name change

GoldenMotor.com

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
This forum needs a name change. Claiming a gas powered bicycle is a motor bicycle is false advertising. A correct definition would be something nerdy ass like engine bicycle, or enginized bicycle. :ride:

This is a motorized bicycle
20230101_150759.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: Tony01

Sidewinder Jerry

Dec 19, 2011
Rockwood, TN
Last edited:

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
It's time to face the facts. Gas bicycles are a dieing breed. The old greezer gasholes need to stfu, and allow the new kids to post in the main forum about problems commom to all motor bicycles. Stop treating eBikes like ugly step children by moving our posts into a little box even when the problem we need to discuss is common to all motor bicycles.

• Haha
Reactions: Mossy

Mossy

May 20, 2022
Motor bicycling... Motorized bicycle..
Motor driven cycle if you don't have pedals and moped ... Gas or electric but electric burns fossil fuels when they make the electricity... Gasoline uses less fossil fuels to do the same work and the batteries are toxic to make... So if you're going electric to save the planet etc... Your actually doing the opposite... Solar panels for example use more fossil fuels to make than they can save by making power... Batteries use up a lot making them and the pollution when there done and the strip mines... Ethanol uses more fossil fuels to fertilize the corn to grow and the making of it than it saves... Then the land for fuel doesn't grow food and it's more overall carbon footprint... Bio diesel same difference...

Reactions: fasteddy

Mossy

May 20, 2022
Carbonated beverages release the most CO2 into the atmosphere welding a close second... Enjoy a coke while E biking thinking your a hero dnut

Mossy

May 20, 2022
Back in the day they came up with smog pumps for emissions... Turning the pump used more fuel to give the appearance of cleaner emissions is where this going green evolved from...

Venice Motor Bikes

Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles
Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
I'm not suggesting some kind of take over of the forum. All I want to see is more inclusion. Problems common to both gas, and electric bikes should be allowed in the main forum together. Of course problems related to spicific type power trains should be separated into their own section, no problem with that.

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
Speaking of gasholes, I'm probably the champ. When I joined this forum I was a dedicated gas man. I remember giving a poor guy from Florida so much grief for having the audacity to defend this beloved electric bike. I don't remember his name, but I owe him an apology. If you're still here, I'm sorry man, I didn't know what I was talking about.

Reactions: Tony01 and fasteddy

Sidewinder Jerry

Dec 19, 2011
Rockwood, TN
Speaking of gasholes, I'm probably the champ. When I joined this forum I was a dedicated gas man. I remember giving a poor guy from Florida so much grief for having the audacity to defend this beloved electric bike. I don't remember his name, but I owe him an apology. If you're still here, I'm sorry man, I didn't know what I was talking about.
If you had a 4 stroke shifter you'd still be on gas lol

Tony01

Nov 28, 2012
sf bay area
I'm not suggesting some kind of take over of the forum. All I want to see is more inclusion. Problems common to both gas, and electric bikes should be allowed in the main forum together. Of course problems related to spicific type power trains should be separated into their own section, no problem with that.
At some point you realize it’s almost the same ****. Ebike motors are essentially radial engines with cylinders of magnetism. Ie my hub motor is a 16 pole pair wind so it’s like having a 32 cylinder radial engine and you don’t need a custom crankshaft to control its movement... just a controller which manipulates current magnitude like the sine wave motion of a crankshaft.. hence the term “sine wave controller”. The problem is there already are electric-only forums. Might as well put em both here in the same place. I was a gashole once too. At this point I don’t care... what’s important is being on two wheels.

Sidewinder Jerry

Dec 19, 2011
Rockwood, TN
If I wanted to shift gears I’d get a real bike. Ebikes are far superior in every way except their batteries are bad for the environment. That will change with time.
Already had a past build that shifted engine/human-driven gears automatically, the LandRider. On it I didn't shift gears, they shifted automatically.

My current build the Sidewinder has the widest reduction range of any known build in forum history 66.79\1 to 16.25\1. That's how I'm able to use a 4-stroke 33cc engine in the mountains of Tennessee. My bike is as real as it gets.

Reactions: fasteddy and Tony01