The garbage pile yields more treasure!

GoldenMotor.com

HARDKNOCK

Jan 25, 2008
Jacksonville Florida
I love the trash people throw out, this one is in better shape than my last and it already has a kit, well sort of, its pretty rough. Its has compression and spark, I think it will live to ride again. Then engine cleaned up real nice, the sproket was waiting to kill someone though.

Attachments

Last edited:

Ilikeabikea

Jan 27, 2008
Ptown, Texas
Wow, you found that in the garbage? What a find. I thought my self propelled lawn mower that came from a dumpster was find. But a bike with a motor. How cool.......................:ride2:

Norman

LORD VADER Moderator
Jan 16, 2008
pampa texas
I'm coming to fl. this week. Where and what alley did you find that in? Did they throw out its brother? Some people have all the luck. Nice find!
Can't wait to see it resurrected.(^)
Norman

Pablo

Master Bike Builder & Forum Sponsor
Dec 28, 2007
Duvall, WA PNW
www.sickbikeparts.com
That's an amazing find!!! They have a word for people like you...............................................................................................................Lucky!

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
If you have spark and (enough) compression, all you then need is some 36/1 mix and doublecheck all the manifold/exhaust/head bolts/nuts.

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
If nothing else a bike motor for parts would be a great find. I'm always amazed how much of a junk bike I use before I throw the skeleton away. I would keep even the frames if I had room. Usually a wheel that isn't perfect gets tossed as well as the frame. But honest to god I can't buy a tire as cheap as a junk store bike.