The Epic an electric tri car.

GoldenMotor.com

PeteMcP

Jun 27, 2017
Glad to hear you're faring better Steve, and good to see you're back posting. Progress on the delivery box - however protracted - means things are taking shape once more. Looking forward to seeing pics when it's 'big reveal' time. I'm confident that RAL Curry colour will work fine - but I'm still a little nervous about recommending paint shades to others in case things don't turn out as hoped. I've fancied painting one of my projects in that colour for a while now and I reckon it is a perfect period shade. Fingers crossed.

Speaking of Curry....enjoyed a Prawn Dhansak at my local Indian restaurant in town last night and got chatting to a group of lovely lady tourists (of a certain age) from the US (VA) on the next table. All were keen Harry Potter fans - as are a lot of folks who visit Alnwick because of the Hogwarts connection - who had looked forward to ticking Alnwick Castle off their list of 'must see' places during their vacation. They all agreed that Indian food here in the UK is far better than anything they'd tasted in the US, and I had to agree. Never tasted such bland, non-descript 'Indian' food as served to Jen and I on several of our US jaunts. Indian curry...perfect at any time, but especially welcome as winter-warmer food.

PeteMcP

Jun 27, 2017
Steve, just done some catching-up on this thread (due to lack of notifications) and noticed you ordered some brass handrail stanchions from the UK. Too late for me to pipe-up now but I could have steered you in the right direction for those (and maybe helped on shipping more cost effectively). I've used the same type of fittings in both polished brass and chrome plated finish on a couple of my builds. Usually my go-to method of securing my home-made tanks to the top tube. My latest ACE tribute used them as mounts for the tank and battery box. Officially called Munsen Rings for future reference. The fitting atop the battery box with the flared cast base (pictured) is called a Hospital Bracket. All intended for securing pipework, but have many other uses, particularly on bike frames. Never usually more than a couple of quid each.

DSCN3932 (2).JPG
DSCN3994.JPG

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
We have the same thing here food wise, Pete. Huge Indian and Chinese community here in British Columbia and many world renown restaurants. The Chinese especially will take an inexpensive flight out of China or Hong Kong just to spend a few days on a restaurant tour before they return home. It was explained in a news story that the food here is safer to eat than what they get at home and the best chefs have moved here from China.

I never thought to as ask you what they were called, Pete but googled pipe hangers and after looking at the insipid offerings here went to my standby Etsy and found them. The lot I bought with the shipping was $83 dollars and that is Canadian dollars not the much more robust U.S. dollar. BarnandBrass on Etsy. Good variety of them as well as sizes. I was looking around Etsy yesterday for solid brass hinges and locks for the box. Pricey but doable.

I'm very much looking forward to painting the bike. I would never have found the colour on my own but I feel it's perfect for the bike.

Steve.

Mossy

May 20, 2022
Steve, just done some catching-up on this thread (due to lack of notifications) and noticed you ordered some brass handrail stanchions from the UK. Too late for me to pipe-up now but I could have steered you in the right direction for those (and maybe helped on shipping more cost effectively). I've used the same type of fittings in both polished brass and chrome plated finish on a couple of my builds. Usually my go-to method of securing my home-made tanks to the top tube. My latest ACE tribute used them as mounts for the tank and battery box. Officially called Munsen Rings for future reference. The fitting atop the battery box with the flared cast base (pictured) is called a Hospital Bracket. All intended for securing pipework, but have many other uses, particularly on bike frames. Never usually more than a couple of quid each.

View attachment 112658 View attachment 112659
I'm going to use these clamps of various sizes for brake arms CDI box and mounts for various things... They can be bent around cables with a rod the diameter of the cable and a socket the diameter of the frame and a dull chizel and chanel locks... Long ones can be made to custom length and hole size... Conduit brackets can make things also in 304ss

Attachments

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
I have the delivery box nearly finished. I had planned to use three corner brackets on each corner but four looked better so I used what I had. There are four more coming for the corners of the top. When they get here I take some photos of it all together.

The mount for the box is welded onto the front axle. I need to weld an anchor point on the rear of the mount so it's connected to the front axle. Probably not needed but I'll feel better about it.

Steve.

Attachments

curtisfox

Dec 29, 2008
minesota
I have the delivery box nearly finished. I had planned to use three corner brackets on each corner but four looked better so I used what I had. There are four more coming for the corners of the top. When they get here I take some photos of it all together.

The mount for the box is welded onto the front axle. I need to weld an anchor point on the rear of the mount so it's connected to the front axle. Probably not needed but I'll feel better about it.

Steve.
Looks good Steve........Curt

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
Thank you, Pete.

I'm going up for the paint the beginning of next week. Metal supply is a few blocks away so I'll combine the two. The rest of the corner brackets should be here soon, I hope. Then I can finish the box and tidy up the last few things on the bike so I can paint it.

Steve.

MEASURE TWICE

Jul 13, 2010
CA

Steve.
I'm trying imagine what it all will look like.

I like to see when steering parts go into the build. Front 2 wheels steer I assume. Not sure if there are many vehicles with rear wheel steering. That, except for watching on TV in the 70's sometime and saw a demonstration of car that had all 4 wheel steer. Automatic parking to boot.
Maybe it was all a fake, or just way too expensive and never came to market. The thing could probably do 1 foot in front and behind other parked vehicles from the way it looked.