The Epic an electric tri car.

GoldenMotor.com

Tom from Rubicon

Apr 4, 2016
Rubicon, Wisconsin
Windows 10 has played nasty senior challenging tricks on me Steve.
Thinking like a software programmer is not in my skill set.
A nice young chap in IT at work used to help me sort things out. But new department manager nixed moonlighting for reasons unknown to me, excepting the manager being a real D_ _ k.
Christmas soon, and then for you Boxing Day. Stay well Amigo.
Tom

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
January 1st? Doesn't seem like it was that long ago since I was here last but however The Epic and I are back from the winter slumber. Mostly because it's crackling great day outside with 55F weather and it's sunny.

Tom from Rubicon posted a link to a builder on YouTube called EDG Classics on Nightster's thread, Cranbrook Springer Forked BTR YD100 Replica Build on the Motorized Cruiser Bicycles section of the forum.

I went over to see what he did and he explained how he made the sprockets for the jack shaft on the Harley Tribute bike that Tom posted. I'll post a link below but as he said the parts were getting scarce because of the Covid Virus disrupting the parts supply chain.

He was correct when he said that. First off everything is reverse {left hand} thread because it's on the left side of the bike. Then after a lot of searching I started to find the parts. It started with only three left then went to last one though after I ordered two of the last three left hand sprocket mount free wheels from China I saw that another seller had posted they had some for sale after being out of stock the day before. One of the sprockets I bought was the last one.

Really great way of doing things and would have made the Indian Tri Car a lot easier to build.

Parts will trickle in over the next couple of weeks or so and I'll be getting the rest of the bike ready to go as the weather improves.

Steve.

indian22

Dec 31, 2014
Oklahoma
I think my neighbors are getting suspicious with all the deliveries I've had coming in and I'd say a couple of weeks more and deliveries will get back to a more normal pace. the great news for me has been in delivery speed even on the few items I've ordered from abroad. All came in fast and without substantial damage.

Much of my raw stock bar and plate aluminum have been used so I'm looking at ordering a quantity 0f 6061 aluminum. Fortunately I've steel aplenty. Brass I've never carried an inventory, just too much $$ tied up in the yellow stuff. I get three day delivery on small lots of brass or copper as required.

How's the little sidecar project for your niece coming along? When she takes delivery post plenty of photos for all to enjoy.

Rick C.

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
The sidecar body is done, Rick. Just need to mount the windshield. They dropped off the bike yesterday and if we get the promised good weather this week I'll start on the frame. I will have to modify the bike a little since she is so much taller than when her dad put it together. Almost 8 and as tall apparently as the 10 year old's at the school.

I'll get some photos when it's finished so everyone can see what it's like. Came out well. Her dad is waiting patiently for it to be finished and the young miss is sort of interested and mom is sure it's the end of her being able to ride the bike with it attached.

it will be fun to see how it all goes.

Steve.

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
Looks like mid April at the earliest for most of the parts for the jack shaft. I'm going to contact the machinist on Tuesday that cut the key way in the motor for the Indian Tri Car.
Years ago when I started it I purchased two moped pedal crankshafts with a sprocket welded to them for the chain to the rear wheel.

Then Sportscar Pat started making his bottom bracket sets and I shelved mine and bought his. Now I'm going to see about getting a key way cut in the moped shafts and using them. I'll box them and mail them to the machinist and then have him mail them back to me. He doesn't live that far away but the traffic and the bridges make it easier to just mail them. The whole purpose of building this was to use up the parts sitting on the shelf.

The brighter side of it all for me is Thursday I received my first Covid Vaccine shot and last night was the last blood thinner and beta blocker pill. The beta blocker slows your heart rate down. I'll see if there is any difference in a week.

Steve.

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
Thank you,Tom,

I decided not to put any storage in it. With a delivery box or a seat on the front of it I'll hide the battery in them or a box mounted to the frame behind them. That of course is destine to change like the wind as always.

I'm thinking that I'd just glue metal panels to the wood but again I'll see what it's like when I start covering it. As you said it may well wind up with folded edges like the Indian gas tanks. I won't have to line this one.

Steve.