Texas Riding Blog

GoldenMotor.com

lambofgod121980

May 31, 2012
new caney TX
Its a tough class - how can a bicycle compare to a monster truck golf cart with a stereo that puts cars to shame - much less a 4 wheeler on 20s with 12s on the front and back bwahahahahahahahahahah

I wish there was more interest in what we do - that being said, I promote the forum, and motorized bikes every time I go out. Even tho I feel like I've told everyone who could possibly live within 50 miles of me, there's someone who comes up to me every time with the same questions -
Where can I get one
Did you build it yourself
Where do I get a kit
How fast does it go
What kind of gas mileage do you get
Will you build one for me
Do the pedals turn while the engine is running
Ect ect ect

I'm sure everyone gets the same questions looool and I answer everyone every time as I enjoy talking about these things. I also feel super lucky to have found a couple of other riders locally. Group rides are stoooopid fun and never get tired of new ideas and suggestions. Its great to see other bikes in person and see how they overcome obstacles.

Now if I could just get them to enter the shows with me...

ElGallo

Jul 1, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
So last night was the first time flagged down by the police. Asked if it was a bike and if i had put it together. Then told me to get a brighter light,which is my fault i could have put one. "Go left, goodnight" thats it.
I guess the only reason why that happened is because the event at the stadium.

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
Well it's true we have to obey all the regulations for a bicycle, but I don't think there's any requirement for how bright a bicycle headlight has to be.

But it sounds like he was only concerned about your safety, which isn't really a bad thing. I'm glad that's all your encounter amounted to.

bigdbeach

Mar 16, 2013
Fort Worth Texas
I spent the weekend looking for a way to add front suspension to my bike. Today I ran across a post on Craigslist from a guy selling a lot of bikes starting at $35.00. So I call him talk a few, get directions and go out there. He has a BUTTLOAD of bikes from old to new (1930's to 2000's) needless to say I found a 26" MTB with front suspension , brakes and 1" threaded head tube. Everything I was looking for 40 dollars. And he gave me two more tires for free.

bigdbeach

Mar 16, 2013
Fort Worth Texas
I am thinking of starting a page on Facebook for a DFW Motor Bicycle Club to try to get more people to ride or spike interest in the area. What do all of you think?

Nican

Apr 6, 2013
Texas
If I get my bike bac up and running ,I would be down for a cruise around
Waiting on some new wheels ,my axle bent throwing the wheel out true lucky for me I wasn't out riding when I saw the damage .broke 4 spokes :(

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
If I get my bike bac up and running ,I would be down for a cruise around
Waiting on some new wheels ,my axle bent throwing the wheel out true lucky for me I wasn't out riding when I saw the damage .broke 4 spokes :(
You'd be welcome to ride with us anytime.

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
I've been working my tookus off for the last 2 weeks. If I don't ride off into oblivion this afternoon I think I'll lose my mind.