Texas Riding Blog

GoldenMotor.com

dodge dude94

Jun 8, 2012
East Texas
I have an old chrome & rust 1962 Starliner that I'm planning to make a motorized rat bike out of, one of these days. :D
This bike ain't getting motorized. It was my uncles and I got it with 1600 original miles on it. I've put 200+ on it over the past few years. I've been slowly fixing it up, but no major mods will be done on that bike.

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
This bike ain't getting motorized. It was my uncles and I got it with 1600 original miles on it. I've put 200+ on it over the past few years. I've been slowly fixing it up, but no major mods will be done on that bike.
I think that's a good idea if you care about it. I wouldn't motorize a bicycle I care about. Vibration will destroy all motor bicycles in time.

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
SundaySundaySunday

Sunday looks like a good day to ride. Afternoon sun, low 80s, no rain. Lets ride.

Why don't we meet somewhere about noon?

Down town Dallas, Knox Henderson (Katy Trail), Lower Greenville, White Rock Lake, Oak Cliff?

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
Do you (biknut) know some place I can park my car for free I got a rack to put my bike on the car so I can ride this Sunday.
Sure, if you'd like to you can park in front of my house and we can ride from here together. Your car will be safe, I live on a quiet street. Send me a pm and I'll tell you how the get here.

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
We have a plan. Tomorrow, 6-2-2013, at 1:00 pm, bigdbeach is going to meet me in front of the main library downtown on Young street.

1515 Young Street, Dallas, TX 75201, 1:00 pm

I'm pretty sure Saca will be there too if his bike is ready to go. Everyone's invited. We'll probably make a big loop around the downtown area. Deep Ellum, Uptown, and the West End.

Lets ride.

bigdbeach

Mar 16, 2013
Fort Worth Texas
I know that there are a lot of people on here that live near Dallas I am coming from Fort Worth to ride so I know that everyone else can do it too. Please come out tomorrow and ride with us

fredric3144

Oct 22, 2012
lufkin tx
I am envious there are no other riders even close to my area I think ive got the only motorized bicycle for at least 50 miles in any direction .

bigdbeach

Mar 16, 2013
Fort Worth Texas
Well I did not ride yesterday but today I am going to Dallas to ride with biknut this will be a very nice ride, I have not rode with anyone till now.

fredric3144

Oct 22, 2012
lufkin tx
85 miles is a little bit to far but one day if people keep asking as the do one of them will follow through and build a motorized bicycle . Looking on the bright side as I am the only one the law leaves me alone . Thet think I am still running a 49cc instead of the ??80cc . I am now able to go up hills without peddle assist .

bigdbeach

Mar 16, 2013
Fort Worth Texas
Well, I just back from a GREAT group ride in Dallas! Biknut, Saca, and I rode all over the place. One of them will have to list all the places we went, I don't know Dallas as well as they do. I do know we went through Deep Ellum & Highland Park & went to White Rock Lake. I wish we could get more people to come out. I just thought riding solo was fun, but doing it with others is a lot better. We rode, talked shop, and had an all around great time. We are planning to do it once a month, so everyone plan to come out next month.

Last edited:

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
Yes we did have a fun ride today. I'm sorry more people couldn't ride with us. bigdbeach sure has a nice bike. I believe it's a Delmar with a LEB 80 motor. Someone needs to tell him that a bike made with stock kit parts isn't supposed to be dependable. He obviously doesn't know that, because his bike rode all over town today and never even had so much as the slightest problem. He's a good rider too.

Anyone that gets to ride Dallas, and Oak Cliff with Saca leading the way is in for a treat. He knows his way around like a alley cat, especially Oak Cliff.

We made a big loop today starting in downtown, and rode through Deep Ellum, by Fair Park, White Rock Lake, down Mockingbird, Lower Greenville, a small part of the Katy Trail, Uptown, and back into downtown. I'm not sure how far we rode in all, but when I pulled into my garage I was showing 50 miles on the trip meter.

None of us had a single problem with our bikes. The weather was perfect too. A good day all in all. I can't wait till next time.

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
Thet think I am still running a 49cc instead of the ??80cc . I am now able to go up hills without peddle assist .
Doesn't matter about the size of your motor. An 80 is just as legal as a 50. As long as it can't be considered self propelled you're good to go.

lambofgod121980

May 31, 2012
new caney TX
Well the heatwave texas showdown is over \m/ too funny when they were classing me. Took them a couple of tries to get me classed right. "Its a lowrider bike, no, no, (scratches head for about 30 seconds) no wait its not just a lowrider bike - holy sh man - that things got a motor on it !!! Bwahahahahahahahahhah me- sir its a motorized bicycle \m/ them- oh wow that thing is super cool - and then the questions poured out. I was eventually classed as special interest. That means I was up against tricked out golf carts and 4 wheelers. Pretty stiff competition.

Then came the wait. Endured wind (was terrified that wind would knock my bike over yikes), heat (was in the 90s on a giant parking lot with no shade), rain (the second day when we got back out to the show it was pouring and weather had torn up our shade tent along with several other peoples stuff) then that stoooopid humid heat that we are known for down south.

Was a ridiculous amount of fun and saw a stoopid amount of ridonkulous rides and sooooper hot girls. At the end of it all I took home second place and am so stoked to have even placed at such a massive event. Especially since its my first time out with not only this bike but ever \m/ and also considering I'm up against golf carts with stereos and car wheels and 4 wheelers all stretched out on giant rims with competition audio and the like.

Was deff a great time and ill be returning again next year with hopfully another bike along with the tour de hood \m/ heck I might even be able to talk my local buddies to enter aswell and maybe we can get our own class if we have enough entries \m/

Attachments

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
Congratulations lamb. Your bike looks great. I think they should have classed your bike as a lowrider bicycle if they had a class for bicycles. Still it's great you had fun and came away with a trophy.

The guy that sponsors the car shows here in Dallas said they would put my bike in the special interest class too, because they don't enough bicycles to have a class by themselves.