Texas Riding Blog

GoldenMotor.com

fredric3144

Oct 22, 2012
lufkin tx
wow a hundred bikes now that really makes me feel all alone here . But at least even out here in the countryside I've got paved roads to ride on . Well if you call blacktopped and bumpy paved . The upside of that is very few stop signs for me to slow down at . Notice I said slow down at I seldom stop look both ways as I approach and keep going . Yall have great time .

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
wow a hundred bikes now that really makes me feel all alone here . But at least even out here in the countryside I've got paved roads to ride on . Well if you call blacktopped and bumpy paved . The upside of that is very few stop signs for me to slow down at . Notice I said slow down at I seldom stop look both ways as I approach and keep going . Yall have great time .
Well 100 bikes might be a little bit of a stretch. So far the record is 2 bikes.

There's been a change of plans. This ride will now begin at, Woodall Rodgers Park, which is located at Pearl, and Woodall Rodgers service road on the South side at 12:30. It's downtown right by the dog park.

The reason for the change is because that's where the other guy wants to meet.

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
I'm back after a really big ride. 2 bikes showed up. That's twice as many as usual. Me, and Saca. We rode downtown, and then over into Saca's stomping grounds, Oak Cliff. He knows that part of town a lot better then I do. It's really nice riding over there when you have someone that knows all the side streets as a guide. I only know the big streets. We ate lunch at the Char Broiler, on Jefferson. An Oak Cliff institution for 50 years. We both had steaks. For me, total mileage was 44 miles round trip.

We're hoping to do it again the week after next.

I know, pictures or it didn't happen.

Last edited:

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
Sunday while Saca and I were sitting at a light in Deep Ellum, two guys on race bicycles pulled up, and actually stopped for the light. One of them looked over at me and said, "wanna race" lol. I was so surprised I just smiled at him, but we were making a left turn when the light turned green so I guess we'll never know if that guy can ride faster than 40 mph lol.

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
We're going to try to ride again Sunday after next, June 2nd. I wish more motor bicyclers could show up. We'll probably start most of our rides from somewhere close to downtown.

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
Let's try to ride Sunday June 2nd. I had a lot of fun last week, and want to do it again.

ResetBTTN

Mar 18, 2013
Killeen, TX
Memorial Day 4day weekend at Fort Hood, TX. Took her for a long ride to post for the weekend barracks checks. Coming through the check point gate is the best part of getting looks while I'm riding. I got pulled over to the turn around lane for not having a reflective vest on my back pack...I carry tools when I ride just in case. Had a reflective belt on me and a reflective vest in my back pack. Once I threw that on and talked with a couple guards about my chopper I was back on the road. Friday was a great day for a ride like that. Happy Memorial Day weekend to all the Veterans..flg.
I came back with some fixes that I wrote about in the "chopper" thread.

ElGallo

Jul 1, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
The rain started early so there was plenty of warning. Most people know that san antonio is a flash flood friendly city. By noon the rain had stopped, and by one most roads where dry.

Thanks for the shotout biknut.

RyRod

Mar 21, 2011
Texas
Hey bigdbeach. I've thought about trying the Trinity River trails here in Funkytown, but didn't know how that would go over with the spandex community. You don't get any flack for being on there with your motorized bicycle.

bigdbeach

Mar 16, 2013
Fort Worth Texas
I try not to ride the section between west 7th street and the zoo because of the uppity people in that area of the trail but the part east of downtown is good.

dodge dude94

Jun 8, 2012
East Texas
There aren't any up here in Tyler. lol I had seen one old guy several months ago, but haven't seen him since.

How do you guys ride on walking trails? I would be scared out of my mind to ride my bike on the trails by my house, which would be very nice to ride a motorized bicycle on. But they ARE patrolled by bike cops occasionally. Now, there isn't a sign that says no motorized bicycles...I guess I might have to catch one of those cops one of these days.