Texas Riding Blog

GoldenMotor.com

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
What distance do you plan for the group to ride from the meeting? (trying to make plans to go, but also doing some other stuff in the same day)
By group I assume you mean, you and me, instead of just me like usual lol. I usually ride from Henderson, to downtown, and around, and then back up to lower greenville. Call it a roundabout 15 miles to lower greenville.

If anyone is really interested, let's ride. When can you go?

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
I ride down there almost every Sunday. I usually end up at The Dubliner on lower Greenville about 3 or 4.

Typically I leave the house about 12 or 1. Anytime anyone would like to meet up, all you need to do is say so. As long as it's in that kind of time frame, I'm pretty flexible about when, and where we meet.

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
Heads up, I just found out I have to take my son to the air port about noon, so it will probably be 1:30 of so before I can ride. No one needs to wait for me though, I can meet up with you.

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
I don't mind Oak Cliff, Downtown, Lower Greenville, White Rock Lake, Katy Trail, Strokers..............

happycheapskate

Nov 26, 2009
Rockwall TX
My truck is in the shop, so all I have is the motorized bicycle. lol. It's fun to ride but only for about 100 miles in a day. I'll have to pass this weekend.

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
My truck is in the shop, so all I have is the motorized bicycle. lol. It's fun to ride but only for about 100 miles in a day. I'll have to pass this weekend.
That's going to put a severe cramp in this weeks group ride. Can 1 bike still be considered a group?

happycheapskate

Nov 26, 2009
Rockwall TX
I'd host a ride from Greenville if anyone would ever come to visit. Nothing special here but some nice farm roads wind out of town for ages. We could follow the road bicycle race route or make one up. There's Landon Winery which has of course local wine and sometimes cover bands.

And there is a "ghost walk" tour of supposedly haunted places.

If you want to be a guest of my new club Greenville Texas Bicycle Transportation, it can be our next public event

From http://www.greenville-texas.com/calendar.htm
Ghost Walk - 6:30 pm Friday and Saturdays.

Learn about Tom King and his mistress Kate Austin's untimely death!

Ghost hunters and curiosity-seekers find Greenville, Texas full of mystery and unsolved happenings.

Wealth, scandal, and notorious figures from the past stir the imagination.

Weekend Ghost Walks feature a haunted winery, a theater where famous actors from the past still perform and a depot where ghostly passengers wait for trains that no longer arrive.

Hear about a Victorian triple-drowning, Civil War conflicts, an early red light district , and moving objects at the site of a former gallows.

Tour conducted by guide in Victorian costume, Fridays and Saturdays, beginning at 6:30 pm at the "The Spot" Garden, 2800 Lee Street in downtown Greenville. $12 per person. Contact Steven Reese for more details, 903-217-8851

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
Looking good bigdbeach. Your bike has a nice clean overall look about it. Take my advise though, and clamp the muffler or you'll eventually have trouble with it. The Atomic BB is down right now with a broken exhaust, because I didn't clamp it.

ResetBTTN

Mar 18, 2013
Killeen, TX
It's been seen by 3 different city police and 2 Fort Hood Military Police. I don't know what the laws are in this part but apparently I'm not breaking any of them riding my Schwinn Chopper.
Today I'm passing a street with the city's finest waiting to make a right turn. I pass by him in a 25mph zone (residental) going 27 according to my speedometer. After passing him I'm waiting for the "follow" but he sits there...and sits there...no other cars to wait for but he's sitting there in my rear view mirror. Finally after I'm a couple hundred yards away he turns in the opposite direction.
The only smack I've gotten is from the commander of my unit wanting to put my bike in the motorcycle category....on the first day I used it to get to work.
Before I left to go home on it I needed to get a motorcycle packet and counseling (Soldiers know what I'm talking about).
I laughed at first and went along with it...motorcycle lol.laff

P.S. I've uploaded plenty pics.trk

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
It's is an interesting situation in Texas. The TDPS is the top law enforcement agency in the state when it comes to motor vehicles, and are the toughtest of them all when it comes to motorcycles, but they openly will tell you that they consider gas powered motor bicycles, just bicycles. All the rest of law enforcement in the state seems to follow their lead.

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
I'm planning to be at the electronic jungle (South side of Knox) at Knox St and Katy Trail at 1:30 today. The group will be leaving from there at 1:45 for ride to downtown, and Deep Ellum. If more than 100 bikes show up we'll probably have to break up into 2 groups.