Texas Riding Blog

GoldenMotor.com

happycheapskate

Nov 26, 2009
Rockwall TX
So far you are the only guest who has "signed up." I suppose we can move it if it will bring more riders. I may ride it the 19th even alone just to take notes on the route and make sure this is going to be smooth.

How fast is the electric bike? Can it do 50 miles? If it's slow or limited, he can ride the first part of the route, to the pizza place, and back track to start (13 miles).

I have a friction drive bike (25mph) and a china girl bike (25-35mph). Probably will do the first run on the friction drive and take notes, photos, and ride the grubee for the club ride.

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
Carrollton has miles and miles of bicycle trails that are close to my house, and I heard they're building more. Tonight I rode about 10 miles in the dark, down some of them. It was about 10:30, and I didn't see a living soul. Of course these are paved city trails with bridges, and and yellow lines, and stuff.

I've liberalized my thinking about riding the trails with my motor on, because I'm pretty sure everybody loves me. Sunday me and Coaster rode 30 miles round trip on the notorious White Rock Creek Trail, that's heavily trafficked on weekends by rich Dallas spandex wearing high pressure yuppies on $5000 bicycles, and old senior citizen walkers with angry stares. We kept our speed below 20 mph, doing our part as good trail partners. These's a sign every 20 yards that says, CALL THE DALLAS FINK HOTLINE TO REPORT RIFF RAFF or MOTOR BICYCLE HILLBILLIES ON THE TRAIL. 1 800 nom otor. We didn't have to worry though, because like I said, they loved us. Probably because we both have nice teeth.

Medicsgirl

Mar 11, 2012
San Antonio
Great video there biknut! I also liked your other one you posted on youtube, where it starts off with 2001 space oddessy. Then ends with David Bowie's "little china girl" song. That song has been totally stuck in my head, ever since starting this project! I hear her heart beating, loud as thunder......

Peace, James
I just clicked on the link for the China Girl clip put up by biknut, but I was unable to leave a reply there. This is an awesome vid and and I was glad to view it.

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
I just clicked on the link for the China Girl clip put up by biknut, but I was unable to leave a reply there. This is an awesome vid and and I was glad to view it.
Thank you, glad you liked it. I don't know why you couldn't comment though, comments are turned on.

I'm going riding today. It's supposed to be 81 degrees and sunny this afternoon.

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
oh, so jealous, we just has a thunder buster with hail in parts of San An. the sun is breaking thru the clouds now, so I may fire up the grill.
We're still cloudy and drying out from 2 days of rain, and 2 days of windy cold temperatures. There'll probably be a lot of people out on the trails later.

Sep 18, 2011
Tyler Texas
We're soaked, and it's still coming down pretty good. The Weather Chanel is calling for a break tomorrow and Tuesday, but rain again every day after that.

Oh well, after last year, we need it.

Medicsgirl

Mar 11, 2012
San Antonio
I may go riding today myself, if I get enough stuff done, plus I still have to pump up the bike tire. Has been sitting all winter with no riding. Then I can see what else I have to do to it to prep it for the engine that will be installed on it.

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
I may go riding today myself, if I get enough stuff done, plus I still have to pump up the bike tire. Has been sitting all winter with no riding. Then I can see what else I have to do to it to prep it for the engine that will be installed on it.
What kind of engine are you planning?

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
Wow! Looks like you had a fun ride. How do you like the new cyl-head?
No complaints. It looks good and runs good but seems to have caused a drastic change in the tuning.

The main jet has gone from a 68, down to a 62, and it's still running pretty rich. I think it's going to need a 60 or 58.

persichini

Mar 12, 2012
DFW Texas
I loved the complete stop you made at the stop sign...

Have any of you guys ridden in Denton yet? looking so build one for my commute to work... only issue is i have a 1 mile stretch of road that is 50mph that i can't avoid. 2 lane road there is a sidewalk... you may have heard of it 2181 Swisher road / Teasley lane.

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
I loved the complete stop you made at the stop sign...

Have any of you guys ridden in Denton yet? looking so build one for my commute to work... only issue is i have a 1 mile stretch of road that is 50mph that i can't avoid. 2 lane road there is a sidewalk... you may have heard of it 2181 Swisher road / Teasley lane.
I know Denton pretty well, but haven't ridden my MB there yet. Maybe we can ride sometime. I can bring my bike up in the van.

Swisher is on the East side isn't it. Isn't Swisher 2 lane? Are you coming off of 380 or South?

persichini

Mar 12, 2012
DFW Texas
Swisher runs both east and west of 35 but im on the west of 35 it actually changes names 1/2 down the road to Teasley lane.. but it actually runs into loop 288 at 35 where the mall is. it is a 2 lane asphalt road with small shoulder.

I've been contemplating a moped/scooter but they top out at 35mph too, seeing that the speed limit is 50 on that road i was thinking a motor bicycle on the side walk would be safer. Granted the sidewalk is compressed gravel not concrete.

I would be heading south then east on swisher(actually called Teasley at that location) for 1 mile.

Sep 4, 2009
Texas
My 150cc scooter does 50mph gets about 80+ MPG be perfect for that commute. My insurance runs $77 a year but ya gotta have a motorcycle license. They sell these scooters over on Harry Hines close to Walnut like $700 or so bux