Sportsman Flyer Drop Loop Boardie Kits

GoldenMotor.com

sportscarpat

Bonneville Bomber the Salt Flat record breaker
Jun 25, 2009
california
Some new BTR handlebars I made today for the Racer and WZ Flyer. I liked the bend of the donar bars but could only get them in black. I may have them nickel plated, but black looks cool, too.

DSC05805 by Sportsman Flyer, on Flickr
Notice the custom brass headbadge. These bars are 1" wider than the first set.

DSC05806 by Sportsman Flyer, on Flickr

fishguts

Sep 7, 2010
southeastern MA
Can I ask a dumb question? What reason did they have for making handlebars like that in the first place? Looks like a lot of work and expense for a small amount of offset. I mean, they're cool looking and all, but I just wonder why.

dv8cam

Dec 15, 2008
Los Angeles
Hey Pat,

2 requests. Can you post a picture of one of your stretched bikes with a 6 foot tall person sitting on it. A lot of these BTR's are just too small for a 6' tall guy if you run the seat down low. I would love to see how your stretch fits.

2nd request - do you have any video of any of your Morini bikes running? I would love to hear/see it in action.

Thanks!

sportscarpat

Jun 25, 2009
california
Hey Pat,

2 requests. Can you post a picture of one of your stretched bikes with a 6 foot tall person sitting on it. A lot of these BTR's are just too small for a 6' tall guy if you run the seat down low. I would love to see how your stretch fits.

2nd request - do you have any video of any of your Morini bikes running? I would love to hear/see it in action.

Thanks!
How about a picture of two stretched out Sportsman Flyers, both with 6' plus guys sitting on them? Sportsman Flyer WZ model on the left and Racer model on the right. I am on the left at just over 6' 2", and my brother is on the right at 6' 1". No video of the Racer (Morini) in action yet, but we had a couple bikes out on Saturday and cruising at 40 mph was no problem. When you cruise at 40 mph you can cover a lot of ground quickly. Can you tell I am rather happy with how these motorcycles, I mean bicycles, came out?

WZ & Racer Deluxe by Sportsman Flyer, on Flickr

These are big comfy long range cruisers. I have another shot somewhere with me holding onto the bars. I will try to dig it up and post it. Eventually I will do a "Super Cruiser" model with cruiser bars, fenders, head light, etc.

WZ model rolls out of the workshop by Sportsman Flyer, on Flickr

sportscarpat

Jun 25, 2009
california
Hi Guys,
Yes the site is FINALLY up and running. I will make it official in a week or so and get some banner adds up. I just need to get a few more items stocked up and finalized. I am on the verge of releasing some really cool drive train parts for both the two stroke (110mm) and four stroke (135mm) guys, and my latest BTR bars have been nicely updated as well!
Pat

brett7777

Aug 19, 2011
Auckland, New Zealand
All I can say, after reading thru this thread, is that the website looks absolutely top quality (I love how it opens to that red bike, looks amazing) & the frames, tanks, bikes, & other parts are beautiful pieces of work, &...Im really looking forward with great anticipation to my Flyer frame & in frame tank !!! (& a few other parts).
As Tom Petty once sang "The Waiting, is the hardest part" !!! But I'm sure will be well worth it !!!
I think you have a huge future in this industry Pat. Everyone I tell here about your work, & show pics to, are majorly impressed.
Keep up the good work bud.

charliechaindrive

Sep 3, 2011
minnesota
Hey I'm new to this but I like your frames what's the pricing? (Hopefully cheap enough for a 14 year old kid to make by mowing. Lawns ad workin at the motocros track)