Sportsman Flyer Drop Loop Boardie Kits

GoldenMotor.com

J Docherty

Jun 14, 2010
Los Angeles
I'm really digging the use of the authentic board track saddle over the bicycle seat. It's all those little details that help capture that true BTR feel. Nice work!

sportscarpat

Bonneville Bomber the Salt Flat record breaker
Jun 25, 2009
california
how does the pwer of the whizzer motor compare to the morini?
Hi guys,
Been hanging low for a few days and need to update the thread. I have yet to ride either a Whizzer or Morini powered motorbike, but from my understanding the stock Whizzer is a bit down on power although better than a China two stroke. A typical hotrodded Whizzer is around 8 hp and the Morini is 9.4 hp for the S6S model, which is the model I am using. Also, the biggest difference is the Morini uses all chain drive with a centrifugal clutch, while the Whizzer uses two belts, one from the engine to the clutch and a secondary belt from the clutch to the rear wheel. The Whizzer clutch can be either a mechanical design that uses slipping belts to release the drive or a centrifugal clutch. Chains are very positive, no slippage, while belts can slip. My impression is that the Morini will be much faster. The Whizzer is a four stroke and the Morini a two stroke.

sportscarpat

Jun 25, 2009
california
And did that web site ever happen?
The web site is basically done except for the final photoshoot for the products section. It will be a very nice site with historical info as well as a products section and customer bikes section. It will be on line soon although we have not set a date. There is a link below for my Flickr page so if you want to see more pictures checkout the link.

Egor

Jan 30, 2008
Hurricane Utah
Hi all - I love the boardie look, but also the sound. If I were building one now it would have a four stroke for sure. It is as much about the sound as anything. The Whizzer engine does everything and shoots fire out if you hit compression relieving lever at speed. Lol, to each his own, but mine wiry sustain 40mph easy. Have fun, Egor

dv8cam

Dec 15, 2008
Los Angeles
Nice. Nice. Nice. I like it.
Me too. Ever think of trying to build a 29er with this frame by adding tot he stays or drop-outs. This would be a nice options for us guys who are about 6 feet tall. Plus it will take your already authentic look one step closer to the real deal. Who makes the hubs? How much are you selling the hubset with sprocket? How much for the wheel build with black alloy Worksman rims?

Crazy Horse

Dealer
Feb 20, 2009
USA
Pat, I know I'm guilty, you probably already answered this question will your completed bikes include the engine such as HT or Morini or Whizzer?

Or are the engines sold separately from another supplier, in other words will the purchaser of the bike have to get an engine themselves and install it after purchase for motorizing the bike?

Peace Crazy Horse.

sportscarpat

Jun 25, 2009
california
Pat, I know I'm guilty, you probably already answered this question will your completed bikes include the engine such as HT or Morini or Whizzer?

Or are the engines sold separately from another supplier, in other words will the purchaser of the bike have to get an engine themselves and install it after purchase for motorizing the bike?

Peace Crazy Horse.
I would like to offer complete ready to ride motorized bikes, but a couple issues come into play. One is a time factor. There is just one of me and only so much time available to build even a kit. I just don't have the available time to offer complete bikes. The next issue is one of liability. I offer parts, not fully running motor bikes. The responsibility of motorizing is up to the customer. Because of this I do not sell the engines, either. I just don't have the time to support issues with engines I did not manufacture. I leave the engine responsibility to the guy selling the engine. I do however support the necessary installation parts for specific engines. Those engines currently are the Grubee, Morini S6S and Whizzer engines.

greasywheats

Apr 30, 2009
Portland, OR
Hey all- dooes anyone have any contact info for Pat for the Sportsman Flyer bikes/parts? I have tried his email on his Profile on this site as well as the email listed on his Sportsmanflyer website and haven't gotten any response. I'm sure he is overwhelmed by all the requests, but I wanted to bug him again anyway ;)
Thanks!
G

sportscarpat

Jun 25, 2009
california
Hey all- dooes anyone have any contact info for Pat for the Sportsman Flyer bikes/parts? I have tried his email on his Profile on this site as well as the email listed on his Sportsmanflyer website and haven't gotten any response. I'm sure he is overwhelmed by all the requests, but I wanted to bug him again anyway ;)
Thanks!
G
Maybe I need to check my links. [email protected] I should be pretty easy to find. Anyway, back to the shop!

darkhawk22

Aug 17, 2010
Acworth, GA
I always use the email Pat provided and he always gets back to me promptly. Great products and I can't wait to see the future website!

sportscarpat

Jun 25, 2009
california
Here are a few recent gas tank pictures. The top tank is for the 4" stretch frame and comes with the Whizzer and Morini models. Middle tank is a newer version of the original standard length Sportsman Flyer gas tank with newer graphic. I removed the rear vertical brake and smoothly curved the sheet metal through this area. The bottom tank is the original version with original graphics. I no longer use the WCMB name below the Sportsman name. A 4" frame stretch may not sound like much but when the gas tanks are compared you can see a big difference. These three tanks account for a lot of labor.

Middle tank has optional brass cap.

DSC05767 by Sportsman Flyer, on Flickr

Tank side detail. Notice how the larger tank for the stretch frames has parallel top and bottom surfaces. This will make it easier to accomodate different stretch lengths in the future. I figure a 5" stretch frame would allow a vertical Lifan engine to fit.

DSC05771 by Sportsman Flyer, on Flickr

Tank Bottom detail. Notice the new style laser cut and formed mounting straps. No more EMT straps. These straps are available separately and match the ones used on the oil tank/tool box. Petcock bung is 10mm x 1.0 thread pitch for standard MB petcocks. Whizzer model tanks will probably get the gas cap and bung mounted to the left side of the tank instead of the right.

DSC05772 by Sportsman Flyer, on Flickr