Share your custom gas tank!

Discussion in 'Motorized Bicycle Welding, Fabrication and Paintin' started by JaxInsany, Mar 21, 2014.

1. Moto

Moto Member

not nearly as nice as most of the tanks on here but I just made this out of an old gallon can of what was some industrial slag from the 60s. Soldered in a petcock and a vent cap. It works perfect and I think it sort of compliments the bike its on. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. scotto-

scotto- Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder

All you have to do now Tom is have Peter Fonda or Dennis Hopper autograph it.....you could become famous! Or just have a cool tank with some note worthy signatures on it :D

I'll bet KC Vale is green with envy over this tank :D Tank you very much ;)

.wee.

3. 2door

2door Moderator
    Staff Member

Actually Scott, I tried to get Fonda to do it. I had his contact info and sent a picture of the bike and requested a response. They apparently weren't impressed. Never heard back from them.
    And I'm too late for Mr.Hopper. He left us a while back.

Tom

4. siouxindian

siouxindian Member

i was glad the got Dennis hopper star on the sidewalk before his awful death prostate cancer. men have prostate cancer to worry a bought woman have breast cancer to worry a bought i wish peter Fonda would have gotten back to you and signed your tank he really likes motorcycles maybe try him again or his agent . good luck and your easy rider bike i love it!!!!drn2 drn2 .crt.

5. DRBS

DRBS New Member

here is the tank going on my next build for me tank.jpg

6. 2door

2door Moderator
    Staff Member

Wish that photo was bigger, DRBS. It looks cool, what I can see of it. Are those lightening bolts? Looks like a bobber tank similar to mine that I did some gold ghost flames on

Tom

Attached Files:

#26 2door, Aug 4, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2014
  7. scotto-

scotto- Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder

Nice tank DRBS, not too sure the electricity and gasoline are very safe outside of the combustion chamber though.....some sort of a ground rod may be in order there :D