Sears Free Spirit Bike Motor

Discussion in 'Motorized Bicycle General Discussion' started by racing fan, May 21, 2011.

1. racing fan

racing fan New Member

i have found a running old bike motor for sale a Sears Free Spirit Bike Motor i am wondering the stats on the motor
    cc's?
    age?
    quality?
    worth it?
    any thing you guys know
    please help me

2. fodhunter

fodhunter New Member

Contact Mike at Bike Bug
    The front wheel drive unit was manufactured by Tanaka and marketed under several different names.
    Fodhunter.

3. silverbear

silverbear The Boy Who Never Grew Up

ccs... 26
    age... 1960's
    quality... well made by Tanaka of Japan
    worth it... worth what? It's relative to what you want it for. These are especially nice for an older skinny tire bike you want as a helper motor and plan to do some pedaling. Parts can be hard to come by, especially the drive roller as they are no longer made. However you can make your own using the original aluminum core. If you want to know how, ask. msamigo has some parts and much knowledge of these bikes. Mike Snyder is his other name. He has a website and I'm sure if you google "bike bug" it will come up.
    SB

4. racing fan

racing fan New Member

OK thats what i wanted to know if it was 48cc i would of went for it but thats to stinkin tiny 27cc god

5. Allen_Wrench

Allen_Wrench Resident Mad Scientist

I know. You can get a bigger engine off a chainsaw. Even some weedwackers got more juice. Can't beat the Japanese quality though. But I don't blame you: if I liked pedaling that much, I'd be doing more of it. :)