reason behind turning the fuel petcock off?

GoldenMotor.com

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
IT may not fix itself Mapbike, But it WILL probably remind you that it needs fixing at the worst possible time, like when yer 10 miles from your tools.:-||
fatdaddy.
No kidding .......lol I had to pedal 6miles home one time, wasn't my mistake or anything I could have done to prevent it but it sure stunk..... dang crank seal failure..... kinda pedaled slow home and kept the engine puttering at low rpms best I could to help me out a little, 3 miles of pavement and 3 miles of dirt road getting home........

Allen_Wrench

Resident Mad Scientist
Feb 6, 2010
Indianapolis
EFFing H3LL! You know what I did just tonight? I'm taking the bike out for a nice ride, beautiful night, all that. Trying to get the ordinarily-reliable ol' girl started. I've hit the switch, primed the carb, pulled out the choke only 1/4 the way, because it's not THAT cool out. The bike's having none of it. No go.
Then I look down at the ----er ---ing petcock. All the years, I should know by now. And we were just talking about these things. So anyway, I opened the petcock. And she fired right up, of course. I must be getting senile. Yeah, that's it.