reason behind turning the fuel petcock off?

Discussion in 'Motorized Bicycle General Discussion' started by dumpstercrusher, Jul 27, 2013.

1. Allen_Wrench

Allen_Wrench Resident Mad Scientist

Thanks, Map. I feel better now (mostly because I went and forgot to check that nut like I meant to).

HAH HAAAAH! Procrastination works!!!

2. mapbike

mapbike Active Member

Thats right..... put it off long enough and it'll fix itself....... works for me....!

3. fatdaddy

fatdaddy New Member

IT may not fix itself Mapbike, But it WILL probably remind you that it needs fixing at the worst possible time, like when yer 10 miles from your tools.:-||
    fatdaddy.

4. mapbike

mapbike Active Member

No kidding .......lol I had to pedal 6miles home one time, wasn't my mistake or anything I could have done to prevent it but it sure stunk..... dang crank seal failure..... kinda pedaled slow home and kept the engine puttering at low rpms best I could to help me out a little, 3 miles of pavement and 3 miles of dirt road getting home........

5. Allen_Wrench

Allen_Wrench Resident Mad Scientist

EFFing H3LL! You know what I did just tonight? I'm taking the bike out for a nice ride, beautiful night, all that. Trying to get the ordinarily-reliable ol' girl started. I've hit the switch, primed the carb, pulled out the choke only 1/4 the way, because it's not THAT cool out. The bike's having none of it. No go.
    Then I look down at the ----er ---ing petcock. All the years, I should know by now. And we were just talking about these things. So anyway, I opened the petcock. And she fired right up, of course. I must be getting senile. Yeah, that's it.