Rear tire won't turn!

GoldenMotor.com

Rg4l5150

Apr 11, 2020
So my rear tire doesn't turn. I looked all over YouTube found a couple videos tried them all. I finally got the motor to turn over but, then it just shut off. I had to roll down hill for it to turn on. Then I believe something is wrong with my throttle because it wasn't giving any gas it just kept shutting off. Can someone plz guide me in the right direction.

MotoMagz

Aug 2, 2010
Michigan
Welcome.. I’m Not a 2 stroke guy but make sure your clutch is totally disengaging...check cable. Maybe pull clutch lever by hand to see if that frees up back wheel.. that’s all I got

Reactions: Tom from Rubicon

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
Maybe this will help, remove the sparkplug and look for signs of fuel, now reconnect the plug to the cdi, lay it on the head and roll the bike with the clutch out watching for spark as the engine turns over.

michaelbikin

Jul 9, 2015
New Hampshire
Good point Greg, any updates on how your spark plug is working? The rear wheel should also freely turn when you pull the clutch lever in. As you gain speed, release the clutch lever and you should feel resistance from the engine and it should start. One common issue I've seen with bikes not starting lies within the clutch cover. If you open up the clutch cover on the right side of the engine, there will be a flower nut you can tighten/loosen... see if that does the trick.

Rg4l5150

Apr 11, 2020
Thanks guys for all the help..... With all the feedback I've gotten I tried damn near everything Ang got nothing. Engine still shuts off and wheel isn't freewheeling when I pull in the clutch. Right now I'm looking for someone in the Westchester county, NY area who can fix this problem for me but that's not working out neither. I've been hanging my head for weeks already don't know what to do anymore

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
Rg have you removed the right side cover and watched for movement when squeezing the clutch lever? You should see the plate move as you pull in the lever. The flower nut can be turned counter clockwise to loosen the clutch, lock the lever in and it's easier to turn the nut. Back it off a few notches at a time.

Rg4l5150

Apr 11, 2020
And when I received the kit it came like that so I didn't touch it they said mostly everything comes tuned to where it should be

Ralph hop

Nov 14, 2019
One thing to check. Maybe you can watch a video to see. There is a slider that the clutch lever bar presses against inside the drive sprocket. Could have fallen out at some point.

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
There is a shaft that goes through the engine from the sprocket side to the clutch side, the shaft is hollow with a pin inside. On the Chain side you’ll find the bucking bar and one ball bearing. The chain cover has the lever with a cam lob on it, as you pull the clutch everything inside the clutch shaft is supposed to move to the right. The clutch plate is mounted on the end and should move.

Last edited:

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
With the clutch handle pulled in the plate should release from the big gear so it turns with the rear tire, if not remove the lock screw and turn the flower nut to the left.

Ralph hop

Nov 14, 2019
I have heard the part referred to as a ball but in my single piece jug engine it's a cylinder that fits under the cam. It might have fallen out at some point.