quick and easy bike tech stand

Discussion in 'Motorized Bicycle General Discussion' started by wmassregulators, May 16, 2010.

1. happycheapskate

happycheapskate New Member

Nicely done. It very much resembles a standard bicycle indoor trainer.

[​IMG] http://www.nashbar.com/images/nashbar/products/medium/AS-FT1-NCL-ANGLE.jpg

Sometimes you can find old ones (called fan trainers, as they used hockey table fans instead of magnets or fluid for resistance) for $20-50. They will generally fit a MB with standard axle nuts (3/8 or 10mm axle). Some only seem to fit old road bikes (short axle length, about 125-130mm between the dropouts). The fan and flywheel part can be moved off the wheel or removed.

#21 happycheapskate, Mar 6, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2011
  2. msrfan

msrfan Well-Known Member

Thanks guys. Yeah, legs would be an easy add-on. Wouldn't take much to get it seat height. Now I need to figure out something to raise the front wheel.

3. Dave31

Dave31 Moderator
    Staff Member

Many times I truck my bike to cool places to ride if I dont have the time to ride the bike where I want to ride.

I decided to make a receiver hitch bike stand for my truck so that I can work on it where ever I go. I made sure to extend it far enough so i could also open the tailgate and use it as a work bench. This is a bike stand, not a bike carrier.

Attached Files:

4. Goat Herder

Goat Herder Gutter Rider

Have sweet collection of bike parts and your set for a Mobil repair business.:D(^)