Pulled over by the fuzz!!

GoldenMotor.com

Ilikeabikea

Jan 27, 2008
Ptown, Texas
It's been a few weeks back. On a nice Sunday afternoon. Norm and I were riding our bikes around town. We were cruisin down Evergreen st. and as we stopped at a stop sign I saw something out of the corner of my eye. It was the fuzz, he had the lights flashing and got out of his car. Norm said, "Were we doing something wrong. The trooper said no, I just wanted to look at those bikes. Where'd ya'll get those? What kind of mileage do they get? I was relieved. They are supposed to be legal in Texas but you don't ever know what might happen in our little town. Anyway we dodged that bullet, we just had a curious Trooper.................

Ilikeabikea

Jan 27, 2008
Ptown, Texas
I got pulled over by a city cop today. He told me my bike wasn't legal because it didn't have running boards. I told him about being pulled over by DPS and he told me they were wrong. :-|| I don't know why them guys can't get together on their stories. I thought I was free and clear but I guess now the city cops are going to harrass us. Norm you think we would've went to jail if you had been with me??:eek:

MotorbikeMike

Dealer
Dec 29, 2007
Sacramento
No running boards, easy, mount a pair of "foot Pads" up front like forward pegs. And, then you got "running boards" even if you dont use them/ Smart money would be make them folding like motorcycle pegs.

Mike

Ilikeabikea

Jan 27, 2008
Ptown, Texas
It was a weird thing. He was very nice and courteous and told me he wasn't going to give me a ticket. He just wanted me to know in his opinion that it was illegal. He was trying to show me in his book. But what he kept showing me was for motorized scooters. I told him it wasn't a scooter, it was a motor assisted bicycle. Oh well I'm going back out on it here in just a few minutes and ride around. I want to try my new Norman headlight and see how good it works. If the cops get after me I'll just turn the light off and run down a couple of alleys. I hope Cruiser doesn't throw me off the forum for being a notorious outlaw.:ride2:rotfl

Norman

LORD VADER Moderator
Jan 16, 2008
pampa texas
In answeer to your question Bob.YES! In handcuffs with cuts and bruises . If I wanted to ride a bike with floorboards I'll ride my Harley. You know what, we are getting in more trouble on bicycles than we ever did on the motorcycles. Whats up with this? Sometimes I feel like I'm winning when I'm loosing again. Where have I heard that before?!
running boards and stay off the street and be sure to ride it standing up. Hey officer can I have a toke?
Running boards? I think I'll start a new project tomorrow.

Last edited:

Norman

LORD VADER Moderator
Jan 16, 2008
pampa texas
I tell ya I'm going to build a gas powered recliner and maybe have a mower attachment for it. Can't wait to be pulled over by the fuzz and have them tell me what code that violates. rotfl
Norman

Norman

LORD VADER Moderator
Jan 16, 2008
pampa texas
Easy
I can't seem to get your thing to work. I'll bet it was good. About 2 years ago I started messing with those gas scooters and I started holding drag races here on evergreen st with the neighborhood kids and I was spanking them good made some cry and I felt bad for a little while.
Bob has a story to tell about cutting a guys hair and he was telling his kid got spanked on his hoped up scooter by an old white haired man on his scooter I got a big kick out of it. I still don't know where I put the letter stating we could ride the bikes on the street matbe by accident it went into the trash.(I'm pulling my hair no symbol for that)
Any of you guys have the fed laws handy and code # for legal riding on the street with a gas powered bicycle? We could really use it.
Norman

Last edited: