Predator buid

GoldenMotor.com

Kioshk

Oct 21, 2012
Connecticut
Holy CRAP! Looks like a BEAST! Nice job. Give us the details! I'd love to crate a 79cc build, but even THAT's a bit too beefy I think for my putt-putt needs. Be careful; that kind of power on typical bicycle-hardware probably has the potential of shredding bolts/rubber/sprockets/chains/spokes/flesh.

kksbunny

Nov 27, 2012
u.s virginia
Thanks guys, i am 15(turned a month ago) i live in VA,(if any of you live in Va, i can probably help you out!!) it is pretty fast, goes about 28 at 3400ish rpm, i took the governor off so yeah, probaly a lot aster than the kits they sell!

i think the bike is safe because it has a custom muffler, it wont burn you, will be making chain guards and has the axle mount for the sprocket, so far it has not trouble and the mileage is like 100mpg. i am pretty satisfied with it!

kksbunny

Nov 27, 2012
u.s virginia
seriously, i thought it was ok, like all mopeds are designed and it has a thick metal rod though... is it not ok, or should i have a thicker metal welder on there?

culvercityclassic

Sep 27, 2009
Culver City, Ca
I can't look at the picture anymore. They are going to ban the sell of 212 when they find out how they are being used.

You better read a bunch more on this forum before you ride that bike little guy. That bike is NOT SAFE

racie35

Nov 17, 2012
usa
Safe or not dont blow up a kids project ..He'll catch on......heck at 15 what did any of us do or know?
Don't let ccc,'s criticizing lessen your enthusiasm ...do ask before cutting apart your frame though and don't listen to that rubbish about them stopping making 212s...they don't make em for bike guys anyway and could care less.

buba

Jul 2, 2010
los angeles
tell it like it is racie

yeah kksbunny just reinforce the heck out of the frame and keep in mind your wheels bearings and brakes are not intended to go anywhere near the speed you are able to go

be careful and very slow until you have read more on the forum --for your safety and future are at stake

culvercityclassic

Sep 27, 2009
Culver City, Ca
A better choice would have been a 79cc and work with that. Figure that one out and then move on. I would just hate to see you get hurt with that build that's all. At 15 he still needs some kind of direction. Read on...

buba

Jul 2, 2010
los angeles
ccc a 79 is a thing of the past
he has what he has and if he follows your great advice--- pm him and help him

maybe let you son get in on helping him if he is so inclined-- talk him through it --all of it
or maybe dennis has the parts that would certainly help him be safe etc. for a most reasonable price or????

I am sure he will do just fine - given he can afford some of the parts he will certainly need wheels, brakes the welding /reinforcing it seems he can handle !!!!

Last edited:

kksbunny

Nov 27, 2012
u.s virginia
thanks a lot for you r advice you guys, the only reason i di 212c is because it was cheap, i was not actually looking for much power, and probably this weekend i will add the bar. would it be safe if i add the bar?, is that's all i need to do or is there something ells, i have been on the legit streets and never actual had any problem, i put about 80 mile on it already!!

midwestmayhem

Dec 23, 2011
southeast S.D.
I can't complain about you using the 212cc, I managed to squeeze one into a little fully stock/original al-cheapo mountain bike frame. The same ones ya probably see once and a while sitting out at somebody's curb waiting for the garbage man. In fact, thats pretty much how I got mine. http://motorbicycling.com/showthread.php?t=40383

But I have to say something about that frame its in. From the pics it looks like you stretched it using 1" x 1/8" steel strap. That is definately not enough. If it was stretched the same way on the lower tube, the only thing thats stopping it from folding up is probably the motor-not good
People cut and weld frames all the time, but the difference is they use tubing as strong if not stronger than the stuff used to make the bike. I suggest you find some tubing and reinforce that frame. Use tube from a donor bike or even steel water pipe if you can't find some at your local steel supply, tho water pipe is kinda thick so it will be hard to weld onto the relatively thin tube used originally on the bike. Periodically inspect the welds to make sure that there not cracking. Inspect and grease the bearings, check brakes etc. I wouldn't suggest going any faster than what you are going now. These bikes aren't made for this.

I'm not trying to discourage anyone from doing anything, I'm just trying to say build it well and ride safe.
usflg

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
A better choice would have been a 79cc and work with that. Figure that one out and then move on. I would just hate to see you get hurt with that build that's all. At 15 he still needs some kind of direction. Read on...
After looking at the pics of this deathtrap, all I have to say is lord have mercy on this young kids soul as he is way in over his head and this site may not be able to provide all of the guidance needed here. Even a 79cc on that bike would be lethal!

Sorry but I just call them as I see them......yikes!