People laughing at me...maybe.

GoldenMotor.com

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
Walgreens is evil - fortunately we don't have them around here but oddly enough people do the very same thing pulling out of our local Walmart o_O

I'm not sure why they insist on heedlessly launching themselves into traffic, but I suspect they underestimate the speed our MBs are going. Thinking we're just on a regular bicycle, that we're only doing 10-15mph or so, and they have plenty of time to pull in front of us.

Little do they know they have less than 1/2 the time they thought o_O

So yeah, Walmart is the devil and I slow down a LOT whenever I'm even near it... If I had hazard lights I'd use 'em lol

NEAT TIMES

May 28, 2008
PENSACOLA, FL
Fred, What Kind Of Beer Was It?? I Would Never Throw A Full Bottle, Maybe An Empty! Lol.. All Kidding Aside, I Would Think That Would Be Considered Attempted Murder, At Least A Felony. We Need A Dash Cam Like Police Cars. It Is Crazy Out There. I Have A Handle Bar Mount For My Digital Camera/video And Gps. Have Been Thinking About Having It Set To Zoom Then Could Turn It On For Licence Number Etc. The Picture Has My Shooting Hunting Scope On It, Owned It Over 40 Yrs. Lol. Can Count A Rabbits Wiskers At 500 Yards. Also A Pic Of Mount I Just Bought To Rig A Helmet Camera Mount. Few Days Ago Here, 18 Yr Old Navy Girl Was Shot Jogging, Near The Navy Base. No Arrests That I Know Of. She Was New From Texas. I Worry For My Grand Children Riding Or Walking. Little Kids Are Not Safe, It`s Upsetting If You Think About It Too Much. Ron

Attachments

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
Neat, years ago when I rode it was often with a group that I wouldn't consider today but 45 years ago who cared.
The standard practice in those days was to have three or four capped beer bottles full of sand in your saddle bags. There was always some azzhole who thought that riding your back fender was a joke and every once in a while they would bump you to see if they could put you off the road.
I used to wait until they did some think definately stupid and then when the beer bottle of wet sand came through the window they had no reason to complain.

Steve.

turtle tedd

Jul 18, 2009
florida
In the state of Florida..intentionally " bumping " the rear of a motorcycle or bike would be considered attempted vehicular homicide.. and firing a few rounds through the windshield would be justified

EnFlaMEd

Aug 25, 2009
South Australia
In South Australia, riding around with a fire arm attached to your bike would result in STAR FORCE (tactical response police unit) rolling up with automatic weapons and body armour. You would probably get thrown in Jail or at least be mentally assessed and perhaps commited.

Sep 4, 2009
Texas
BarelyAWake;108040 Walmart is the devil and I slow down a LOT whenever I'm even near it... If I had hazard lights I'd use 'em lol[/QUOTE said:
My strategy is to go in thru the back where the trucks go in and then run behind it or ride on the outskirts of the parking lot. I also pull to the side and watch for the buzzards to quit circling then make my move to escape the scene.

linnix13

Oct 7, 2009
in the world
well i was riding through town and saw one of those spandex warriors ahead of me, i pulled up next to him, i was going to go driving past him fast, but he put thr pour on and started getting ahead of me, this guy pedaled his bike at 50kph for about 5 minutes through town, just ahead of me, then we came to a big hill, and i went zipping past him all the way up, he didnt look to happy, he also looked like he was about to have a heart attack! i get lots of bad looks from those spandex guys, but just shrug it off, there obviously jealous of our bikes

Techbiker

Oct 27, 2009
DFW, Texas
I always get hounded by random people everywhere. Whenever I go to the gas station, people stop filling up their cars to come over to my pump just to see what on earth I'm doing! I end up giving a general info session on the workings of the bike and fill them in on the usual websites.

Whenever I'm riding on the road, people do strange things. One time while on a 23 mile ride, this lady followed me for about a mile only to suddenly fly around me while blaring the horn. Another time on that trip, I ran into a Harley Davidson guy who revved his engine as I passed. He seemed to be interested but I didn't get a chance to stop.

I also like to look at people's expressions when they see my bike. They are usually like 0.0 . It's almost as if they have never considered that one can put a motor on a bicycle.

Another big difference now is that people don't swear at me randomly from cars. Before I got my engine they would call me some obscene word and speed off. Now I guess I get respect? I don't usually care so I wouldn't know.

As far as friends go, most think that my bike is kick-ass. I showed it to a nerdy guy and while he initially discounted it, after riding he was impressed. Another friend told me that he wanted to build one on the spot. I arrived at a paintball shop and the guys there were amazed that it was so efficient and cheap.

NYNEOMITE

Oct 14, 2009
Seattle, WA
Sometimes there's a person I know at the office or elsewhere and I think, "I know, I'll tell him about my bike. He's the kind of guy that'll think it's cool." But they almost always think it's strange and ask, "Why would you put a motor on a bike?" Each time it sounds like the most stupid question I have ever heard. So many things rush to my mind that I want to spurt out at them for their ignorance. Why put a motor on a bike?!! Are you kidding me??? So far the only thing I can respectfully reply with is, "Why not put a motor on a bike??" I still can't understand how a male human can respond this way. Don't get me wrong I know there are some women who appreciate these, my wife included, but I thought all men had a separate dna strand that compelled them to want to put motors on anything! Or at least appreciate it.
Since I was a child putting cards in between my spokes I have wanted to put a motor on my bike.

This is yet another childhood dream come true. I am totally obsessed and loving it! I'm with you - isn't this every kids dream? I never gave up on that. It's totally different than a motorcycle. It's still a bicycle, with a motor on it.

civlized

Apr 28, 2009
Alabama
I have not had one single bad experience from other people. Everyone wants to talk, ride, question. I have had some people almost run me over because they would pull up beside me and be so into looking at the bike, they forgot they were driving a car. I've been flagged down by people sitting on their porch that come running out to the road. I've had police stop me and ask if they could ride(of course I let them!). I'm in rural Alabama, so traffic is not bad. I can outrun most of the farm equipment that might be holding up traffic! I dearly love this hobby and yes, my wife thinks I'm nuts!

Last edited:

Plindy

Dec 9, 2008
mn. usa.
I was riding through a small town and a Ambulance passed me & then stopped in front of me with his lights on !

They just wanted to see my bike, and were concerned because i was going fast for a bike.

And then he seen the engine, And wanted to know more. i gave him motorbicycling.com .

He said take care, and said here have some snack food.

lots of smiles nice people!!

Last edited:

AnthonyX99

Oct 13, 2009
Winnipeg
If they didn't know already there beloved Harleys and Indian motorcycles which all use to look like that kinda had pedal start though they where 500cc to1000cc engines but who cares if other people make fun of you can laugh back when there stuck in traffic and all you gotta do is turn your engine off and go on the sidewalk..wee.