Old Guys Simplex moto-peddle bike

Discussion in 'Board Trackers and Vintage Motorized Bicycles' started by indian22, Jan 3, 2015.

1. indian22

indian22 Active Member

Yeah Curtis get about a years worth of popcorn on hand 'cause the actual build will take almost as long to construct as the vision of my build took to describe in the previous post,lol, and knowing me some of that will change along the way. The main thing is I now have both a bike and a car in my head & the rest is just details yet to be determined. Part of my enjoyment in the way I build is due to the elements of surprise and change that occur along the way. It's not that I don't plan ahead, but that I continue to use my head while fabricating to refine as well as better define the bike during construction.
    Just having fun! Rick C.

2. curtisfox

curtisfox Active Member

Just having fun!
    That is the best part, like me lot of changes has come on mine as i gather parts. I have been doing wheels, motor clutch and things like that till i get the space to do my frame. Just got done doing a skip tooth sprocket for the rear wheel, just to be old school, Mean time set back and watch, builders do it first. LOL

3. indian22

indian22 Active Member

Progress Curt & gathering or building small parts is time consuming, but part of the fun. I'm in the process of gathering & waiting for stuff to come in. Small beginning, I received a big box of six wheels yesterday, 3 sets of 17" chrome steel, raised center, DOT approved rims with 36, 10 ga. stainless spokes laced to 1/2" custom hubs. The hubs are super heavy duty intended for high torque electric applications. The rears are setup for single disk rotor & the fronts are dual rotor ready. The sprocket should be in soon, a custom affair designed to bolt first to the 6 bolt disc rotor pattern and then to a custom 3 bolt hub adapter. If it seems a lot of bother, it's really not, but the addition of the disc rotor on the opposite side of the rear wheel will require some out of the box thought...got it covered. Why three sets of wheels? Bike gets two and sidecar one plus a spare for the rack. Extra set for the following build. 1011170956a-960x1280.jpg Rick C.

4. curtisfox

curtisfox Active Member

Nice wheels, moped size? 17"? Your bike will be well equiped...............Curt

5. indian22

indian22 Active Member

Thanks Curt, yes 17" x 1.2" width Moped rim. Quite heavy steel...weigh almost 6 lbs. each.

Rick C.