October 19th 2013 Socal Motor Bicycle Racing At Grange Motor Circuit!

GoldenMotor.com

magrider

Aug 24, 2010
OrangeCounty, CA
what I pay for is for you to pay attention to your races. everytime anyone steps onto the race track property we have agreed upon a contract, I give you my hard earned $$$ and you do your job. part of you job is to make sure the bikes pass inspection and the bikes are racing in the correct class.

neil, please inlighten me when I made a protest to another racer or bike.

Last edited:

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
OK, with all this chit being hashed out, if enough bikes show that produce between 8 to 11.9999999hp......can you race that class separate from the Unlimited class?????????

Or am I now wasting my somewhat precious time building a 9hp mid class race bike that has a designated trophy for it ie; 11HP class? Like I said....."I can't race 2 bikes in the same race"......comprende???

Please answer this question with clarity.

#3 scotto-

bairdco

a guy who makes cool bikes
Aug 18, 2009
living the dream in southern california
i'm glad todays race is cancelled. it's 36° right now in westminster. i'd be racing in my carharrt artic lined coveralls and mittens.

this baby polar bear asks his mom, "mom, am i 100% polarbear?" and the momma polar bear says, "of course you are."

baby polar bear says, "are you sure i'm 100% polar bear???"

momma bear says, "well, go ask your dad."

so the baby polar bear says, "dad, am i 100% polar bear?"

and the poppa polar bear says, "of course you are, why?"

the baby polar bear says, "because i'm f#&*ing freezing!"

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
i'm glad todays race is cancelled. it's 36° right now in westminster. i'd be racing in my carharrt artic lined coveralls and mittens.
Yeah, its cold in OC but will be nice this afternoon.

Check out the temps at Willow Springs today.
http://www.wunderground.com/cgi-bin...3560.2.99999&hourly=1&yday=341&weekday=Sunday

It's 26 now at 8am

36 at 11am and a balmy 42 at 2pm

The Dec 7th race date got the one rainy cold day out of the week
but we could have got next Sat 14th weather which is 60 and nice.

Dec 14th is too close to Xmas to get a decent attendance for a race.

Last edited:

Easy Rider

Santa Cruz Scooter Works
Jan 15, 2008
Nor*Cal
I just got back from my morning 30 mile ride and it was so cold I wore my ski helmet and gloves today.
Don't worry Neil, I plan on spending as little as possible on the air cooled for the race so im just putting in a new ring. I dont plan on being one of the front runners. i just want to have fun and have something to cruise around the track so no boring or rechroming will be done to my 49cc motor. I plan on converting the old Boxer because I just finished making another ebike.

scotto-

Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
I just got back from my morning 30 mile ride and it was so cold I wore my ski helmet and gloves today.
Don't worry Neil, I plan on spending as little as possible on the air cooled for the race so im just putting in a new ring. I dont plan on being one of the front runners. i just want to have fun and have something to cruise around the track so no boring or rechroming will be done to my 49cc motor. I plan on converting the old Boxer because I just finished making another ebike.
I could see that one coming ;) And you don't plan on racing the electric bike either......or do you? :D

U no me .wee.

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
OK, with all this chit being hashed out, if enough bikes show that produce between 8 to 11.9999999hp......can you race that class separate from the Unlimited class?????????

Or am I now wasting my somewhat precious time building a 9hp mid class race bike that has a designated trophy for it ie; 11HP class? Like I said....."I can't race 2 bikes in the same race"......comprende???

Please answer this question with clarity.

#3 scotto-
If you want absolute clarity for your special situation a phone call is the only way.
I thought we already had an agreement but you are now trying to make changes.

If you want to race in the Midrange class limit your build to 8 HP.

I have no idea if there will be enough bikes in the 11 HP class to make it a separate race? I kind of doubt it but I have no way to know right now.

Are you still going to race your 99cc HF?

If you want a good Midrange class motor Richard had a few GC 160's left over?
Nashmoto is winning on one so that would be a good match. Build a Honda GC 160 bike as fast as Brian to beat him on the track. Can you take the challenge? :)

There will be pre-registration for all future SMBR events with a $10 discount to those who email.

Pre-registration starts 45 days before the April 12TH 2014 Willow racevent so we will have a better idea of who is racing what bikes.

Last edited:

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
clockwise or ccw?

hopefully i don't leave any skin on the track this time... :)
We will be running the Willow go kart track CCW the same as the first race there in 2011 but only because I can't see how to make our Mickey mouse scoring system work properly if we ran it Clockwise.

Speaking of leaving skin and bone on the track, tennis shoes, slip ons, and other flakey footwear won't be allowed if they aren't padded to protect your ankles and preferably made of leather or heavy duty fabric. A thin layer of canvas is not ankle protection.

Full face helmets are now the rule with DOT or Snell certs.
A helmet visor or eye protection too.

Shoulder padding and a back protector are highly recommended.

All the safety gear is so that you can pop back up after a crash with barely a scratch and go back to work on Monday.

Will be doing research on affordable safety gear like DOT full face helmets and good deals on boots as well as all the other safety gear.

Please help out by posting up any deals you have found.
Thanks

Last edited:

scotto-

Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
If you want absolute clarity for your special situation a phone call is the only way.
I thought we already had an agreement but you are now trying to make changes.

If you want to race in the Midrange class limit your build to 8 HP.

I have no idea if there will be enough bikes in the 11 HP class to make it a separate race? I kind of doubt it but I have no way to know right now.

Are you still going to race your 99cc HF?

If you want a good Midrange class motor Richard had a few GC 160's left over?
Nashmoto is winning on one so that would be a good match. Build a Honda GC 160 bike as fast as Brian to beat him on the track. Can you take the challenge? :)
I always take the challenge, but I'm not investing in yet another engine as I already own three that are candidates for my next race build as you know.

Racing the 99cc is fun, but I built it for daily riding and commuting, not racing.

Unless I clone one or two more of me......looks like I'll stick to racing the Unlimited class on the 212cc more than happily ;)

C U in April......

.wee.

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
I always take the challenge, but I'm not investing in yet another engine as I already own three that are candidates for my next race build as you know.

Racing the 99cc is fun, but I built it for daily riding and commuting, not racing.

Unless I clone one or two more of me......looks like I'll stick to racing the Unlimited class on the 212cc more than happily ;)

C U in April......
Scott, your crappy phone crapped out again. :)
Hope you have it straight this time so that you can have some fun in the Midrange class using a motor you already have.

Stock carb and STOCK muffler with the only engine mod being the governor is removed with stiffer valve springs and a billet flywheel.

Should be an affordable build and an interesting experiment.

Looks like the 99cc HF class is going nowhere as a separate race class partly because the 99cc is the preferred engine over the 79 cc and the 99cc is hard to find.

See you on April 11th Friday 2014 for sure.

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
Anyone of you bucks up racers want to front the bargain $300 to buy these trophies?

You will be paid back because at the April 12TH 2014 Willow race all the racers will be paying $5 Extra each to buy them.

I want to get this deal done now while it is available.
We will have enough trophies to give out to all the race classes down to 3rd place for years.

I have an opportunity to buy a Lot of cup type trophies at a great price.

There would be enough to award trophies for all 6 or 7 classes down to 3rd place at every race for years.

They come with engraving plates and could also be personalized with a cool custom logo sticker.

We would need people or all the racers to kick in $300 total to buy them.
I would buy them but I am spending all my cash every month on motor kits, parts and accessories.

I would still make special 1st place trophies for the big April and October races like the 2 stroke classes billet black anodized engraved covers and Joker Machine trophies. These cup trophies would be 2nd and 3rd place at those races.

Last edited:

scotto-

Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Scott, your crappy phone crapped out again. :)
Hope you have it straight this time so that you can have some fun in the Midrange class using a motor you already have.

Stock carb and STOCK muffler with the only engine mod being the governor is removed with stiffer valve springs and a billet flywheel.

Should be an affordable build and an interesting experiment.

Looks like the 99cc HF class is going nowhere as a separate race class partly because the 99cc is the preferred engine over the 79 cc and the 99cc is hard to find.

See you on April 11th Friday 2014 for sure.
How bout a billet rod for safety's sake? That shouldn't add too much more hp.....like none :D

dnut

scotto-

Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Billet rod is OK as long as it is the same length as stock and doesn't increase compression.

You will be surprised at how much of a performance gain there is from only
removing the governor to rev higher.
Performance gain and horsepower......not necessarily the same thing. Higher compression can def increase hp.....thus a stock length billet rod.

Higher revs = higher speed...yes, not more horsepower. 8hp = 8hp no matter how you look at it!

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
Performance gain and horsepower......not necessarily the same thing. Higher compression can def increase hp.....thus a stock length billet rod.

Higher revs = higher speed...yes, not more horsepower. 8hp = 8hp no matter how you look at it!
Your 6.5 HP 196cc Greydog at 4000 rpm will be 8 at 6500.
Definitely want to dyno it not because I think you are a cheater but to clearly and publically establish how much HP it makes

Last edited by a moderator:

scotto-

Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
You think I am a cheater? Maybe I should just sit on the sidelines for $10 with magrider and see how things go at YOUR races..... or just watch them for free on my computer.

Have you seen me cheat before? Or you just think I am a cheater? One less racer at your races (me) won't make any difference now will it? It will be just one less cheater.....that's all laff

#3 = cheater

rotfl rotfl rotfl

EDIT: I didn't see the not when I read this post, and I will gladly dyno or have my engine torn down if there is any doubt of my bikes (engines) horsepower. Sorry for the misread....I never cheat intentionally cuz cheaters are not winners!

Last edited:

Mike B

Mar 23, 2011
Central CA
Horsepower is speed x torque. If the speed goes up and the torque does not decrease the same amount the HP will also increase.

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
Horsepower is speed x torque. If the speed goes up and the torque does not decrease the same amount the HP will also increase.
That's why I said a stock 196cc 6.5 HP motor at 4000 rpm will be about 8 HP at 6500 rpm with the governor removed and No other performance mods which means it has the stock Carb and muffler.

Should be an interesting experiment in affordable racing.

scotto-

Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
You can't get high rpm without high hp. High rpm with no torque and no load = nothing. In this case we'll call 8,000rpm....high rpm. A stock 196cc Greyhound engine will not turn 8,000rpm without some major modifications. You might wanna have a Dyno on hand for some sort of measure of true brake horsepower. That is true power under load, not just some ungoverned stock engine spinning free with no load. Wake-UP!