Nitrous

GoldenMotor.com

Walter F.

Jun 4, 2008
Connecticut
Re: A little added Boost

You might want to think about a Kevlar jockstrap to protect the "boys" when your engine "grenades". Walter F.

Andyinchville1

Manufacturer/Dealer
Dec 26, 2007
Scottsville, VA

Hmmmmm....True high performance means it is ALWAYS on the bottle!....Now if we could get a bigger tank we might be able to go more than a down the block! ;-O HA

Andrew

PS - Sounds interesting.....might have to watch the air / fuel ratios too tho
Good luck!

Venice Motor Bikes

Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles
Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
When you add nitrous, you are actually only adding more air! (nitrous itself isn't combustable.)
We had a discussion on this on Reds new stretch thread.

jasonh

Jun 23, 2008
Longmont, CO
Hmm...adding the nitrous before the carb would allow it to pull in more fuel as well, no? Seems like it could be similar to a 'wet kit.' What type of gains could be expected from this?

Retmachinist

Oct 21, 2008
Urbandale Ia

I run nitrous on my stretch. Do you have a source for the larger bottle?
I actually built the bottle from thin wall aircraft tubing. I was looking at your stretch, WOW what a sweet bike! I have been working on my winter build. I have got to slow down or I will have it done before winter gets here. And believe me we have some long cold winters.

5-7HEAVEN

Aug 2, 2008
Nitrous oxide is a compound of Nitrogen and Ogygen. Nitrous oxide injected into a running engine without additional fuel injected into the engine is instant destruction.

Misteright1, you would need the additional fuel injected from another intake port, not the existing carb and jet.

Last edited:

Retmachinist

Oct 21, 2008
Urbandale Ia
Nitrous oxide is a compound of Nitrogen and Ogygen. Nitrous oxide injected into a running engine without additional fuel injected into the engine is instant destruction.

Misteright1, you would need the additional fuel injected from another intake port, not the existing carb and jet.
I know 36% oxygen and double Nitrogen. Don't worry I'll be fine.

Venice Motor Bikes

Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles
Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
I pulled this from the web... this explains it pretty well.

Nitrous Oxide Dry Injection Kits-

Nitrous oxide dry injection kits spray nitrous oxide into the intake manifold and it is mixed with fuel and air at the injectors. Dry shots of nitrous oxide usually provide less of a power increase because there is no way of providing additional fuel to balance the extra oxygen in the combustion mixture. So you have to be a little conservative as too lean of an air-fuel mixture will cause the engine to just blow up. At least with stock factory injectors anyway.

Nitrous Oxide Wet Injection Kits-

The other type of nitrous oxide injection is wet nitrous oxide injection. Wet nitrous oxide shots have fuel in them. This explains the usage of the word wet. The nitrous oxide is mixed together with fuel and a fogger injects this mixture directly into the throttle body. This provides the extra fuel to balance out the extra oxygen provided by the nitrous oxide, thus keeping the air-fuel mixture stoichiometric or not too lean. However wet nitrous injection kits might cause puddles of fuel to be stuck in the intake manifold, and cause severe backfire conditions.

Retmachinist

Oct 21, 2008
Urbandale Ia
I pulled this from the web... this explains it pretty well.

Nitrous Oxide Dry Injection Kits-

Nitrous oxide dry injection kits spray nitrous oxide into the intake manifold and it is mixed with fuel and air at the injectors. Dry shots of nitrous oxide usually provide less of a power increase because there is no way of providing additional fuel to balance the extra oxygen in the combustion mixture. So you have to be a little conservative as too lean of an air-fuel mixture will cause the engine to just blow up. At least with stock factory injectors anyway.

Nitrous Oxide Wet Injection Kits-

The other type of nitrous oxide injection is wet nitrous oxide injection. Wet nitrous oxide shots have fuel in them. This explains the usage of the word wet. The nitrous oxide is mixed together with fuel and a fogger injects this mixture directly into the throttle body. This provides the extra fuel to balance out the extra oxygen provided by the nitrous oxide, thus keeping the air-fuel mixture stoichiometric or not too lean. However wet nitrous injection kits might cause puddles of fuel to be stuck in the intake manifold, and cause severe backfire conditions.
I knew exactly how it worked, Thanks alot for sharing the info though.

Easy Rider

Santa Cruz Scooter Works
Jan 15, 2008
Nor*Cal
If anyone of you guys are looking to play with a Quality Nitrous Oxide Wet Injection Kits for pocket bikes, PM me. I have one that's been sitting on my shelf for the last couple of years. To me playing with nitrous on the streets is a little scary especially with that 3 sec delay after you depress the button.