Newb

GoldenMotor.com

DramIt

May 18, 2022
Hello from Sun City:

I just learned of this forum. Who knew?

Implied by my residence I'm retired but not tired.

A few years back I got a motor kit and the two bikes I had were not (in my opinion) suitable for motorization a few days ago I found a cruiser that was right for the my shallow pockets. Now I'm ready to complete a marriage of the kit and bike. With the gas prices of today as they are I will relish the sipping of fuel at 70 to 80 mpg.

Intended use? Putt around, to grocery, pharmacy (seemingly higher frequency these days) and if I can map out good route possibly back and forth to my part time job. If nothing else just to have some fun with tinkering.

I know some would rather go faster. That's not the case for me. In fact, I would like to find a larger rear sprocket to have more torque and a little less speed. At over 200 pounds weight I think the little 48 cc engine would be overworked and expire in short order. So the question here is "Where is a local shop where I can get some motorized bike kit parts?"

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
Welcome to the forum, I have two 48cc engine powered bikes and they pull me good, I,m about 215lbs. I have three 48cc engines, two are over 10 years old, both still running the original top end. With a 44 tooth sprocket and properly tuned you can reach 30 mph. with a 26" wheel bike.

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
I buy parts from the vendors that sponsor this forum or from ebay, with the supply chain problems I buy from where I can find what I need.

Venice Motor Bikes

Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles
Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
This is exactly why I stopped advertising on this forum... :(
People asking where they can buy parts while totally ignoring the ads on the sides of the page! :ride:

DramIt

May 18, 2022
To: Venice Motor Bikes

Sorry!
I've seen the ads and while I'm sure you ship promptly I was looking for a local to expedite acquisition.

I did ask the question "Where is a local shop where I can get some motorized bike kit parts?"