New friction drive section

GoldenMotor.com

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
I've been out of the game here for a while, so if this is a dumb question.. I apologize..lol

Who is selling the best friction drive kits nowadays?

I remember a few years back there was a seller who was making some real nice kits, a person could chose drive roller size and such and swap them farely easy if a person wanted more top speed or needed more hill climbing power.

I remember the rollers they had were knurled very good and the whole setup was heavier dury than the stuff we could get off ebay and other vendors.

OK, Ill shut up and let someone answer now..LOL

Citi-sporter

Jun 16, 2014
North Bend, Or,
I DIY built my own, and I haven't bought any commeercial kits but the Stanton kits look pretty nice. and if you already have a 54mm or 76mm autoclutch engine they're a bargain.

Reactions: Kcrunch1

Kcrunch1

Oct 13, 2020
Union City, CA
I've had two dimension's edge friction drive kits with tecumsa tc300 and I just recently bought a staton friction drive kit with a Honda GX35. All great kits. Used them all on different bikes. I've also tried the chain drive kits rear mount. I like the simplicity and power. Currently on a Giant Revive.

5-7HEAVEN

Aug 2, 2008
I've used Staton's and another vendor who's not around anymore.

The one thing I didn't like was that bearings and rollers were pressed in tightly.

So I clearanced the drive housings AND rollers with sandpaper.

Everything became slip-fit, and I was very happy.

Reactions: Kcrunch1

Otero

Feb 1, 2010
wa
A friction kit is the cheapest simplest, safest build for use on asphalt, but they will eat tires if yur
heavy on the throttle & do not perform all that well on wet, muddy, or gravel surfaces. On the plus side,
they´re virtually idiot proof. I still have a 12 yr. old Staton buried in a parts tub somewhere. I ride mostly
electric these days.
P. S. Long time no see, 5-7, I haven´t posted here for 5 years.

Otero

Feb 1, 2010
wa
Otero good to see you posting again, come back again.
I´ve been posting mainly on EBR, but now that I´m resurrecting the gas touring bike, I thought I´d drop by.
Thing is, It´s still more practical for touring than all my efforts to create an E-tourer, more efficient in every way<
cheaper, lighter, & easier to maintain.