NEW BUILD: Micargi Royal with Predator 212cc

GoldenMotor.com

ocho ninja

Jan 14, 2012
San Jose, CA
Dang the engine has "huevos"

I've just scottos vids, thing sounds like monster

But I'm eager to see his stretch cruiser blasting around at 40+ miles per hour

I think some springer wouldn't look to bad ?

buck0

Apr 24, 2011
Orange County, Ca
Ya alot of money put into those things & way more than I want to invest on a bicycle to go that fast. It ranges from a extremely fast ebike to 11 hp morini, to briggs, to the 212cc predators. I stepped down a class to a class that has more rules, should be more fun with about a dozen or more racers. I'm building a Honda GX120 now & stock is 4hp but its not stock anymore.

buck0

Apr 24, 2011
Orange County, Ca
Yep pretty much if it can fit. You can even have motorcycle tires on it like the ebike had. The only requirement is that it has to have working bicycle pedals. That fast ebike went around 80mph. To fast for a bicycle IMO.

Predator303

Apr 26, 2012
San Juan, Puerto Rico
The fuel problem is resolved with the fuel pump. Runs MUCH smoother now and doesnt just turn off anymore. After I switched the hoses, it worked right away and I could go for the first test drive. The chain still jumps off but after grinding the JS out sprocket, I will need to get a #40 chain tomorrow and that should resolve the problem. I am having problems getting it aligned perfectly because of the 3inch tires.

I am now using a gear ratio of 5.000 somehing (12-15-10-44) because the 22t sprocket was very low quality and wasnt sitting tight at all and the only other one I had here was 15t. Absolutely no problems to get it to take off. Incredible torque. Its going about 15-20mph only in idle rpm range. I cant imagine what happens if I actually pull the throttle more than just 5% :p

Im actually even a little worried that everything gets ripped apart by the power of the engine haha.

WEll lets see what I can do tomorrow. I might have to build something like a piece of tube before the sprocket to prevent it from jumping off too but maybe the #40 resolves the problem - the #41 is simply too wide.

Edit: Today I got a bmw chain from a friends bike store. I wonder if it would work too torque wise..

Last edited:

culvercityclassic

Sep 27, 2009
Culver City, Ca
That’s a nice build, hope you get it running well soon. The chain issue can be solved with the addition of a tensioner/guide wheel installed. I have used these on all my four stroke builds and sure does help. Check out some of my post for ideas.

CCC

Predator303

Apr 26, 2012
San Juan, Puerto Rico
Yes, I was hoping to be able to do it without but that would def. help a lot. LEts see. I will try to align the rear sprocket better with the jackshaft. I am using 2 spacers now to have more room for the chain. Lets see what I come up with tonight and tomorrow.

Can you send me a link or two for some good tens./guide wheels? I know a few but maybe there is something nice I didnt knew about yet. Thank you

ocho ninja

Jan 14, 2012
San Jose, CA
Glad to hear your making progress with your build.
We didn't hear from you in a while and we thought you gave up or something haha

Well anyways were still waiting on a video of that sick bike run on some island scenery xct2

Predator303

Apr 26, 2012
San Juan, Puerto Rico
haha. I was grinding the sprocket today again so #40 sprockets fit, did a couple test drives and Im still working on it 1am in the morning. Right now Im cutting a BMX chain for testing to the right size. I learned today how to get chains back together without master links :)
Im NEVER going to give up if I really want something!!!

Today I left the bike alone to buy a burger and when I came back out a couple people were already around it talking and looking.

Predator303

Apr 26, 2012
San Juan, Puerto Rico
OK I was testing around with a couple solutions for the chain and it cant jump off the rear sprocket anymore because I blocked it from doing it. still need to get an idler together. The faster option is the crappy one they sell for the kits but welded on the frame. Maybe even bolt until I get a better one by mail. Lets see. I was able to ride it today a while and the ratio is too high. I didnt even get beyond idle rpm yet and it just goes faster and faster without rev up at all haha. I think thats one of the problems of the vibration, that I ride it in very low rpm when the clutch engages. Today I got my first contact with some cops. I didnt even drive it. It was standing on the walking way turned off while I talked to a friend and they drove by, looked at it, we laughed about it and they actually turned the car around to take a look at it, asking me how big the engine is. I said 80cc (lol) and after telling me that I cant drive it like that I said thanks for the info and then they wanted to hear the beast. Not only they wanted me to turn it on (asked me because of pure curiosity and nicely), they also wanted me to pull the throttle haha.

Oh well, I was just really nice because sooner or later I will see them again ;)

Predator303

Apr 26, 2012
San Juan, Puerto Rico
Absolutely nothing works with the chain. I need to build a tensioner somehow and weld it. No matter how hard I bolt it, after 10 seconds its gone and I cant get the power on the sprocket. It feels really bad. Bah. The whole build was so easy and now Im stuck days with the damn chain.