NEW BUILD: Micargi Royal with Predator 212cc

GoldenMotor.com

buck0

Apr 24, 2011
Orange County, Ca
are you getting a tach for it?
i think that might be a important thing without the governor
I sold him the engine and carb. I had a 9.026 gear ratio and it tached at 6850 rpm and went 54 mph.
I curious about an exhaust set up, I wonder what tricks he has up his sleeve.
Looking good Chris!!

Predator303

Apr 26, 2012
San Juan, Puerto Rico
and now its 8.067. I m going to take it for another ride now before its dark and play with the idle screw to see if it stays turned on when the engine gets warm. For some reason it wont stay running and I cant keep it back on once its warm.

Predator303

Apr 26, 2012
San Juan, Puerto Rico
Same sh*t. Turns off as soon its warm after a minute and wont turn on again until its completely cold. This engine is scary wow. I think I just lost half inch of the bottom of my shoe to stop it hahaha

Predator303

Apr 26, 2012
San Juan, Puerto Rico
Both is a yes.

The tank will be this one (https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/20068_103728316320683_4881375_n.jpg) IF I still do it, because I start to like the frame being clear in the top and the tank on the engine looks not too bad and it pretty big. I might use 2 tanks at the same time for longer island trips.

As for the exhaust, I will probably have to weld something if the AGK dont work for me because of the horizontal angle. I would like to have the exhaust go below the pedals to the rear tire, but thats all not important for now.

Anybody could help me with the carb and the reason it keeps turning off, I would be thankful. Im not a pro with the carbs.

Last edited:

killercanuck

Dec 17, 2009
Wallaceburg ON
Anybody could help me with the carb and the reason it keeps turning off, I would be thankful. Im not a pro with the carbs.
It sounds like vapour lock in your gas tank. Try loosening the cap the next time it does it, if it starts fine... check the vent in the cap.

Nice bike btw, been lurking too :p

ocho ninja

Jan 14, 2012
San Jose, CA
All we need is a video and we will all be happy!

Yea I see ur point about the open space plus ur right about the stock tank and a custom exaust shouldn't be a problem, just order the flange it sounds like you have a lot of welding buddies lol

I have to know them to get good labor rates lol

Predator303

Apr 26, 2012
San Juan, Puerto Rico
Damn this engine have torque...... I drove it again and when I accelerate slightly the master link of the chain flew around me somewhere to the walking way. I guess I have to do this without master links.