Mystery Part?

GoldenMotor.com

70chevelleman

Mar 30, 2012
NC
I recently adjusted the throttle cable and when I went to put the top of the carburetor back on I found this on the ground (see pic). I have no idea where it fits back into place? I have a CNS carb btw.

Someone Please help!
:-||

Attachments

dragray

Mar 10, 2012
Indiana
are you sure that it fell off of your carb and i's not just some random part that was laying on the ground the entire time?
I have never seen a part like that in any carb that I've ever messed with.
if you google "cns carburetor for motorized bicycles", you will run across several pics of the carb all torn apart and there's nothing in any of the pics that even look like that part.

Last edited:

dragray

Mar 10, 2012
Indiana
It looks like the spacer that goes inside the carburetor, where the manfold goes in.
no, that part is way too small to be that. he's holding it in the palm of his hands and you can see the lines in his skin....which shows how small this peice is.
besides that, the part that goes in the carb where it slides onto the manifold is a peice of round plastic tubing, about 1/2" in diameter.

Hoze513

Nov 24, 2011
Joliet, illinois
no, that part is way too small to be that. he's holding it in the palm of his hands and you can see the lines in his skin....which shows how small this peice is.
besides that, the part that goes in the carb where it slides onto the manifold is a peice of round plastic tubing, about 1/2" in diameter.
Sorry just a newbie trying to help another newbie.

dragray

Mar 10, 2012
Indiana
no, no...don't be sorry.
sometimes a wild guess can lead you in the direction of the answers you're looking for.
I'm newer here than you so in reality, i'm the newbie here.
But i have been around this stuff for many years.

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
You are right it is not the carb spacer, the spacer is 3/4 inch i.d. (.750). In the opening post he said he removed the top of the carb, I have removed the barrel from mine many times without removing the carb from the intake. I don't know what that is!

NormO

Jun 15, 2011
New Brunswick,Canada
It looks like an in tank fuel pickup with filter off a weed eater or chain saw. It doesn't seem to be a filter though. It looks like hard plastic. Must be a tickulator valve.

dragray

Mar 10, 2012
Indiana
i think it's just a random part that was laying there on the ground the whole time to be honest with you.

I think it might be a henweigh tho, the more i look at it.

70chevelleman

Mar 30, 2012
NC
Thanks everyone for all the help! I just got this kit recently and didn't want to screw it up by forgetting to put something back where it belongs, haha

After reading everyone's replies I decided it was just a random part that happened to be outside, right next to where I was working. It had some sort of gasoline residue on it which is what made me think it was from what I had been working on.

Anyway, I started it up today and everything ran great! .shft.

Thanks again!