my four stroke build

GoldenMotor.com

headtrama

Jul 8, 2010
california
Just a update , The motor made it to the shop friday . Waiting to hear back from them with some of my options on the build . The bike itself is done but looking at it I have decided to update the tires to hookworms. The hanks look a little small on this bike so i will be swapping them out . Been passing the time getting my two stroke bike ready for the next race . I rebuilt a extra motor I had and installed it on the bike . This motor runs really good so far . I am debating if i should upgrade the carb on it . here is a picture of the

ducedave

Apr 17, 2011
Mentone Ca.
NO NO NO FUN FUN FUN I'm parts ever where still building and probably only going to filled one bike hopefully the 130cc. 2 stroke if not the 66cc. ether way I have to over power you because you'll out ride me given half a chance
usflg O-ya did I mention it's an all ASE build usflg

ducedave

Apr 17, 2011
Mentone Ca.
just paranoid here I guess -the meds don't hold all day some times!!
I think I could win or lose and have fun with it in the D.I.Y type classes I can learn a lot from builders like you and your sort and that's fun I would expect we should go 5 to 10 mph faster with more out of the corner power then we did with the HTs and that's a good time where ever we finish in the pack
P.S. my ah81 Power Product 2stroke motor is from like 50's or the 60's so go easy on me all you wet crank case builders

headtrama

Jul 8, 2010
california
I am just out to have a good time , Dicing it up with you in the back of the pack was a blast . Hadn't had that much fun in a long time .

ducedave

Apr 17, 2011
Mentone Ca.
I am just out to have a good time , Dicing it up with you in the back of the pack was a blast . Hadn't had that much fun in a long time .
Front, middle or back yea what ever it's all fun I'm just hoping not to eat poo in that last hair pin before the strate a way any more I was banged up for week after that .
maybe we can start work on an air bag system for when passion exceeds skill I could use oneusflg

punxs

Jan 24, 2012
Canada
Headtrama, I love your bike. How you got that motor in that frame without cutting it! WOW.. I got a question for you. How did you get the cranks to clear the motor? Did you bend them or cut and weld them?

headtrama

Jul 8, 2010
california
the motor was a tight fit but it fit , I put the motor mount as low as i could in the frame and lucky it was enough room to squeeze it it . The cranks I just bent . I heated them up red hot and they bent pretty easy.

headtrama

Jul 8, 2010
california
while waiting on my motor and looking over my bike I noticed the hanks looked kinda small . I switched up to some 2.5 hookworms , Looks a lot better now i think .

haste

Aug 2, 2009
af
Any updates? I wanna use moped hubs, but am afraid 20" overall wheels will make my bike too small like bairds new race bike.

headtrama

Jul 8, 2010
california
No no updates yet , I am hoping to have the motor back soon . 20 inch wheels are small . I just built myself a bmx bike with 20 inch rims . I don't remember them bing so squirrely when i was a kid . Maybe use 24 inch rims on your build a happy medium .

ducedave

Apr 17, 2011
Mentone Ca.
26" is king if you're a 6'er+ the only guys 5'4" are big on the 24" wheels, bairdco is a compact dude,I go 6' 200lb. I like to ride on 26" wheels. 24" wheels give a lower gearing so figure that in with plans too.

5-7HEAVEN

Aug 2, 2008
Great move replacing the stock semi-horizontal front-exit dropouts! You made a great foundation even greater!

Looking forward to your progress :D
Excuse me for asking, but why is it a good thing to replace these dropouts?

I need to know, as one of my future builds has semi-horizontals.