My first race bike build!!!

GoldenMotor.com

deonsrace

Apr 1, 2014
Miramar
Had to change out my handle bars today the throttle could not fit. Doing the brake now. I cut my jackshaft chain to short today. Have to get a half link tomorrow, and i have to move my jackshaft set up over 1/2 so my 415 sprocket does not hit my bearing hanger

deonsrace

Apr 1, 2014
Miramar
Anybody know where i can buy a #415 sprocket for my jackshaft. The one from sick bike parts is a off set and the sprocket and teeth are very thin.

deonsrace

Apr 1, 2014
Miramar
Ok. Im redoing my jackshaft set up completely, i dont like the bearing hangers. Do aanybody know where i can find pillow block bearings 5/8 ID at?

Davezilla

Mar 15, 2014
San Antonio Texas
I don't know if this guy has what you need, but VXB Bearings is one of the guys I deal with on ebay http://stores.ebay.com/Bearing-Wholesale-Lots?_trksid=p2047675.l2563
They also have a stand alone website where you might get better help by contacting them and letting them know what you need and what you plan on doing with the bearings etc... There may be some bearing shops in your area that could really be helpful as well, sometimes bringing in the part and showing them exactly what you need and letting them know what kind of stresses etc the bearings will need to be able to endure they can set you up with what you need.
I've had to do that before when a simple clutch job and decided to change my transmission oil on my 280zx while I was tdy about 500 miles from home and found pieces of bearing cage in my oil, I was able to rebuild the transmission thanks to the people at the bearing shop being able to match up the old bearings (or what was left of them) and sell me just what I needed.

Other than that, maybe a quick PM to Scotto- would help since he most likely knows more than I do about this and may know of more places to look.

deonsrace

Apr 1, 2014
Miramar
Put the jackshaft on the bike today. Had a air leek in the manifold fixed that. Bike started with no issues now. I go out to start the bike... nothing ive checked and double checked for anything and everything as to why bike will not turn over.

deonsrace

Apr 1, 2014
Miramar
Ive bern looking up tires all day and cannot seem to find out if Maxxis makes a hookworm tire in a size 29 does anybody know where i can find one?

Davezilla

Mar 15, 2014
San Antonio Texas
If they don't make the Hookworm tires in the 29" size, you might be interested in the Schwalbe Big Apple tires that are 29 x 2.35 nice and fat with a decent looking street tread... Second set on this page... http://custommotoredbicycles.com/sc...colors_x_210_or_x_1_38road_hog_24inch_x_3inch

They also got some killer looking 3" wide tires on this site but they're only for the 24" rims, unless maybe calling them and they can find some 26's or 29's...

Theon

Jan 20, 2014
FNQ Australia
Cheers Dave,
Some nice looking tyres, I do like those 24 x 3" tyres but they wont fit, still the 24 x 2.215's are still a nice tyre.

Davezilla

Mar 15, 2014
San Antonio Texas
Thanks, I just found that site earlier the other day and was impressed with their tire selection. I'd love to run 3" wide tires on mine but I'm lucky to fit the 2.125" size on mine... Maybe next time I build one I'll make sure the frame has enough room to run bigger tires.

deonsrace

Apr 1, 2014
Miramar
Jackshaft keeps tipping on my chain side. What could i do to prevent this from happening? Maybe weld two plates in the back of my jackshaft plate and fit them up to my seat post?

Attachments

Davezilla

Mar 15, 2014
San Antonio Texas
You could try drilling a hole thru the plates and the post and installing a bolt thru the whole assembly or weld a dowel pin to the post to lock in in position after it's drilled thru.
Just assemble it as if you were assembling it to ride, then drill your hole thru everything, once your hole is drilled, just put a bolt thru the whole assembly, or disassemble it and weld a piece of round bar stock that's long enough to go thru the seat post and stick out about 1/4 to 3/8" and weld or braze it into place, this will stop it from shifting side to side when it's running. having a dowel pin on the top and the bottom part of the mount would be even better.
If you choose to use a bolt instead of a dowel pin make sure the hole is the same size as the bolt shank to where it's a snug fit for the bolt to go thru, it don't have to be so tight that you need to hammer the bolt thru, but it should be tight enough to where you feel some resistance pushing the bolt thru to prevent it from wallowing out the hole.

you can always weld the bracket to the seat post for a permanent install if you're sure you won't need to remove the brackets again for any reason.

deonsrace

Apr 1, 2014
Miramar
okay finally got the bike going line everything up double checked everything did my first test run with no brakes and loved it. Pure satisfaction! Tomorrow i will do the brake on the jackshaft do a few long distance test runs to see if anything happens. Then tear it all down for paint put it all back together and Done. Have an event to go to on Sunday on the bike I'll enjoy it.

Davezilla

Mar 15, 2014
San Antonio Texas
Sounds Great!!
Glad to hear this one is running now and hope everything is going good with it, It's really been crazy over here so I missed your posts yesterday but it looks like you got it fixed.
Yeah... get those brakes working before you try any high speed runs... I'm sure you'll be happy with it's performance and there's a lot more that engine can do when you out grow it but it's still going to be a lot of fun.

sub66

Apr 25, 2014
canada
get cheap 60/40 tires or slicks cause u just going to wear them off in two weeks anyway. my kendas and dmr go and go for long time because they are supposed to be that way. maxxis does not make single tire that is correct for my gasbike. allways so specialized yet show problems. either its the sidewalls are all wrong or the tread pattern or price. likely all of the above seriously