My first race bike build!!!

GoldenMotor.com

deonsrace

Apr 1, 2014
Miramar
Ok got the jackshaft handled l used a pair of u-bolts one for the top half the other half i drill into my backing plate shot the bottom u-bolt thru. I used spacers cause the u bolts bottomed out on me.
Now for the challenge! The brake is on the jackshaft and iam trying to find out there i can mount my brake ive tried almost every way i could think of and its not working or i cant see it working.
Thanks Scotto-!

Davezilla

Mar 15, 2014
San Antonio Texas
Scotto- is the man to ask about how he mounts the rotor and caliper to the jack shaft, from what I've seen it's done with some custom fabbed brackets and he has some of the cleanest looking installs I've seen

culvercityclassic

Sep 27, 2009
Culver City, Ca
I don’t really care for them; they are overpowering, too sensitive and react too fast. I have run them on two bikes and still have one of the bikes that I still ride. It’s a third brake for emergency purpose only.

The ideal setup is a disk on the rear hub.

Davezilla

Mar 15, 2014
San Antonio Texas
yes... they are Very sensative to say the least... you may even need to put in some type of artificial feel into the system because the rotor has the mechanical advantage of the gearing from the jack shaft to the rear sprocket instead of running directly to the rear wheel, this makes the brake 3 or 4 times stronger than wheel mounted.

I used to cut my levers on my dirt bikes and on my GSXR 750 that I used to have so I could brake with just 2 fingers because the dual rotor front brakes were so sensative, that helps a little but you can still squeeze the lever too hard with just 2 fingers sometimes too. I've even cut the levers on my Harley but that's mainly because I got myself so used to braking and clutching with just 2 fingers, and I like being able to precisely modulate the brake and clutch while holding onto the bars.

deonsrace

Apr 1, 2014
Miramar
Thats the one thing i was worried about. Guess ill fire up my welder again in the morning.
Finally got my rear sprocket and adaptor mailed from Jakes hopefully will be here tomorrow or Saturday. Just need to oder the #35chain, #415 chain, and buy a brake lever... and a doulde kickstand to hold this beast up.

deonsrace

Apr 1, 2014
Miramar
Oh and throttle grip and cable. Anybody know where i can find a real good throttle at and not the super thin plastic junck?