My first race bike build 212cc predator!

GoldenMotor.com

bajaracer1

Jul 11, 2012
Encino ca.
don't worry neil there will be no shifting on my bike if i do this swap. it's not a motorcycle. but i would like a manual clutch if possible. i don't want to spend much so i'm going to look on craigs list and buy the best engine i find for the lowest price. but first i have to sell off the major parts from my bike so i can have some money.

hey are there any races coming up soon?

jhonny r: i want to start with an engine that i wouldn't have to spend $600 on performance parts to be able to be competitive in the unlimited class. mostly i just want to build another bike though. also i have this dream of riding through Malibu cyn. road to the beach on my bike, and i don't think i want to do that with my current bike since the cruising speed is 45 MPH. i want to cruise at 60MPH and be able to hit 80 if needed. dam that sounds crazy. but also seems possible.

Last edited:

magrider

Aug 24, 2010
OrangeCounty, CA
Dennis (DMB) just came across some h2o Morinis, hit him up, he's a great person that has been there for many of us. contact me if you want any info about these engines. I've been dealing with it for the last race season and I might have some good insight.

Last edited:

bajaracer1

Jul 11, 2012
Encino ca.
thanks magrider! i'll contact you as soon as someone buys my bike or at least the engine drive train parts off it. until then, i'm not making a move.

city of angels

May 24, 2009
tucson az
Hi I have a 99 cc bought a throtle from sickbike well I install today but wwamt tohe n I push on the trotle it doesnt want to retract I am running it withe governor how do adjust or how can I fix this

JonnyR

May 13, 2012
ronkonkoma, new york
my cousin in law has the engine to step up from a 212cc and i might try to fit it in a bike at some point after my 99cc build or as a bolt in to replace the 99 if it isnt enough he has a 16HP duromax with electric start

bajaracer1

Jul 11, 2012
Encino ca.
ok so i was riding slow and all of a sudden my piston rod broke in half. why do you think this happened? i was thinking low oil level. what do you guys think.

by the way i haven't had even one person come to look at the bike when my asking price is $1200. i think i'm going to just keep this bike and enjoy it.

bajaracer1

Jul 11, 2012
Encino ca.
it's to late i already threw away the old engine. but the rod was broken for sure. i never even opened up the cylinder. i just unbolted it and threw it away.

Dec 11, 2014
Tucson
Great build and thread, thanks for sharing. I have been slowly picking up parts for a 212 build and this had a lot of good and inspiring info in it. Everybody on here says the 212 Predator is $99 but the best sale I always see is $119. Not a big deal but that is $20 towards the flywheel or other parts. Again thanks for sharing, and happy motoring.

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Great build and thread, thanks for sharing. I have been slowly picking up parts for a 212 build and this had a lot of good and inspiring info in it. Everybody on here says the 212 Predator is $99 but the best sale I always see is $119. Not a big deal but that is $20 towards the flywheel or other parts. Again thanks for sharing, and happy motoring.
And this post is over two and a half years old......but you can still get the 212cc Predator engines for $99 if ya know how to shop Harbor Freight. With coupons and frequent sales, you can even get them cheaper!

CycleRyder

Jun 23, 2017
Nice bike man. Have the same bike but in red w flames. Been overhauling it because of advanced age & allot of miles put on the bike. It is a very well made bike because I was amazed by how long the bike survived before needing an overhaul. Currently have the 49cc 4 stroke "happy time" engine on it but was thinking of swapping it for a 66cc 2 stroke china girl because the 49cc happy time 4 strokes are good motors but usually have crappy transmissions that don't last long (in my experience with them) & the ones that do last long are really expensive & don't have good gear ratios. Plus 66cc 2 strokes are faster & can get crazy fast with a smaller drive sprocket on the bike.

Also thanks for the heads up on the fork being 1/18 & thread less. Wasn't really sure what size fork & type it needed for the longest time & I do plan on swapping the stock triple tree fork out for an air suspension mountain bike fork that is disk brake compatible & a 3 or 4 wide front street tire to handel the rough roads around here & grate bridge crossings better. Would probably need longer brake cabels if I want to continue using the ape hanger handle bars which I do because to me they are more comfortable & cooler looking than the standard type bars.