My Christmas present, a 1948 Whizzer

GoldenMotor.com

jbcruisin

Oct 10, 2008
Lebanon, Pa.
Here's what Bonnie got me for Christmas!!! She bought it from Quenton. I was talking to Quenton Christmas eve & he was asking me when Bonnie & I exchange gifts. I was curious & asked her if she got me something from Quenton for Christmas. She lied & said no. I'll forgive her for lying to me (^) Christmas eve after everyone left we exchanged gifts & there was this picture. I called Quenton & Donna at 10 pm. They were expecting my call. We're going to drive to Quenton's to pick it up over Easter weekend.

Attachments

chainmaker

Jan 19, 2010
Ma USA
Congratulations on that beautiful bike!!!!... Santa is pretty cool.. He let Me pick out a New Frame for Christmas. Merry Christmas

Hi Jay,

See how lucky you are! Bonnie was aware of how much you wanted that Whizzer. I will be sure to take good care of it until you make the trip to take it back to PA.

You now own one of the very few un-restored examples of American Whizzer history. It is an original 1948 WZ/S4 Schwinn bicycle made for the Whizzer motor. The Schwinn has the HD front springer, front Schwinn brake, skip tooth chain, factory cut rear fender [for belt path], brake arm support bracket, factory bent pedal crank, HD rear coaster hub, 120 guage spokes, double nurled S2 rims, wide WZ/S4 fendors with original faded Whizzer maroon paint [very vivid maroon on the inside of the fendors]. The tank is original Whizzer pewter and the decals are included. "Refreshed" very low mileage late edition "H" motor , and only oriiginal NOS parts were used in the process. Throttle & compression release are attached to the "H" Tillotson ML3B carburetor and tappet cover via the dual lever right Whizzer control.

Looks like you and Bonnie had a verry Merry Christmas!

Merry Christmas to everyone!

Last edited:

Fossil

Mar 15, 2008
Guthriesville Pa
Throttle & compression release are attached to the "H" Tillotson ML3B carburetor and tappet cover via the dual lever right Whizzer control.

Very nice gift! I can't even dream about getting a gift like that. I have one question though. I thought the H engine used the ML5b carb not the ML3b.

Jim

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
Hi Jay,

See how lucky you are! Bonnie was aware of how much you wanted that Whizzer. I will be sure to take good care of it until you make the trip to take it back to PA.

You now own one of the very few un-restored examples of American Whizzer history. It is an original 1948 WZ/S4 Schwinn bicycle made for the Whizzer motor. The Schwinn has the HD front springer, front Schwinn brake, skip tooth chain, factory cut rear fender [for belt path], brake arm support bracket, factory bent pedal crank, HD rear coaster hub, 120 guage spokes, double nurled S2 rims, wide WZ/S4 fendors with original faded Whizzer maroon paint [very vivid maroon on the inside of the fendors]. The tank is original Whizzer pewter and the decals are included. "Refreshed" very low mileage late edition "H" motor , and only oriiginal NOS parts were used in the process. Throttle & compression release are attached to the "H" Tillotson ML3B carburetor and tappet cover via the dual lever right Whizzer control.

http://motorbicycling.com/attachmen...ristmas-present-1948-whizzer-1948-whizzer.jpg

Con-grates J.B. that's a beauty(^)
I am a little confused about the 120 Gauge spokes?

sportscarpat

Bonneville Bomber the Salt Flat record breaker
Jun 25, 2009
california
Very cool Whizzer! Unrestored? Really? I am sure you would never even think about restoring it. Too much history would be lost. No doubt it is at least a little faster today then it was all those years ago. Your a lucky guy.......

Hi everyone,

The Tillotson ML3B is the Weber version of the carburetor and is slightly larger. The majority of the Schwinn WZ Heavy Duty bikes had the .105" [12 ga.] spokes, however this ORIGINAL had the larger .120" [11 ga.] spokes. I have seen at least 10 original WZ/S4 with the larger spokes, not sure why.

The late Terry McAllister [well known Whizzer expert] told me "You can restore a Whizzer thousands of times, but it is only original once."

Have fun,

Last edited:

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
Hi everyone,

The Tillotson ML3B is the Weber version of the carburetor and is slightly larger. The majority of the Schwinn WZ Heavy Duty bikes had the .105" [12 ga.] spokes, however this ORIGINAL had the larger .120" [11 ga.] spokes. I have seen at least 10 original WZ/S4 with the larger spokes, not sure why.

The late Terry McAllister [well know Whizzer expert] told me "You can restore a Whizzer thousands of times, but it is only original once."

Have fun,
I did not know that I thought a lot of them came with a .100 or .110 gauge. Good to know that a .120 is strong enough. I honestly don't know that much about these Whizzers. Except for this forum never got to see one in person.

Vistaman73

Chat Box Junkie
Nov 29, 2009
Shawnee, Kansas
Bonnie called. She told me to tell you that if you want to keep that bike you must give another one to me. Sorry jay. Really nice bike BTW, have fun with it.