Motorized Bicycle OVERSIZED TUBING solved

Discussion in 'Mounting Techniques for Bicycle Motors' started by wayde, Jan 20, 2008.

1. fatdaddy

fatdaddy New Member

Or weld a vertical plate straight up to the rear stud holes. Drill two holes in the plate to mount it to where the rear mount usually goes. I think it would just look cleaner that way.
    I've been using the u-bolts for years now. When I first started out I drilled a couple frames. Looking back I can't believe how dumb I was. I'm pretty sure those frames are in the scrap pile now.
    I use the single u-bolt on a lot of customer builds. I wanted something a little firmer on my personal bike, so I went with the double u-bolt. The pic of it on my bike is not a GOOD pic, but you can kinda see it.
    fatdaddy

Attached Files:

#121 fatdaddy, Nov 25, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2012
  2. jauguston

jauguston New Member

In order to provide the needed strength and stability for the motor there needs to be a tube from top tube to bottom tube. The tube could have angle brackets welded to each end and held to the top and bottom tubes with U bolts.

Jim

3. Chopperz

Chopperz New Member

Do you guys think one of these mounts would work in replacement of having to weld anything onto the frame?
    http://speeddemon.ca/motorized-bicycles/chopper-mount.html

Also do you guys know anything about freewheel jackshafts? Cause looks like thats what im gonna need to do if I want to keep my rear disc brake

thanks,
    Khal

4. fatdaddy

fatdaddy New Member

A lot of people are using this type of mount on OCC's and bikes like that. I haven't heard anything bad about them yet, and they've been out for a while.
    As far as a jackshaft goes, that's gonna be a personal choice. Someone on the forum might know a way around your jackshaft dilemma, I got nothin.
    fatdaddy.

5. LabRat

LabRat New Member

ROFL! PHOTOGRAPHY!

That was my social nitch in HS. What did it get me, two year books. Never took shop, now I read and watch welding how to on youtube - thankyou what-its who created the youtube!