Motor Bicycle Tuned Pipe...One step closer to production!

GoldenMotor.com

Andyinchville1

Manufacturer/Dealer
Dec 26, 2007
Scottsville, VA
Hi all,

As some of you may know, I have been tinkering with making a tuned pipe / expansion for our little engines...Well I am happy to say I am 1 step closer to an actual production model....I will try to post some pics here now (this model is specific to the Dax 70 but may fit others as well).

The unit was designed the most difficult installation (small frame mountain bike, low rake fork, and over sized tubes) so it should fit on other bikes easily. The unit is adjustable as well without need for difficult bending. Weight is approximately 5.4 lbs. in prototype form. This pipe was designed to be far away from the riders legs so as not to interfere with normal pedaling and bicycle use.

Pipe will allow you to gear up substantially....It will pull me up the steepest of hills here in Charlottesville using a 36T rear sprocket faster than a stock bike with a 44T sprocket....I am thinking of gearing up even more in the future.

Andrew

Attachments

Norman

LORD VADER Moderator
Jan 16, 2008
pampa texas
Re: Tuned pipe...One step closer to production!

Andy
I'm waiting for your post after the Va. highway patrol pays you a visit along side the road. I hope for your sake it legal to ride over 30 mph on your bike there. My experience with them boys wasn't good they have the idea that until everyone is in jail the game isn't over. But I lived in the mountains of Va. and not out on the flats/piedmont so maybe it was something in the water that made the HP in my area so ornery. Good Luck
Norm

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI

looking forward to that pipe being available. i got thrown in jail in va for speeding. i grew up in alexandria right outside of dc and the police pulled me over and sent me right to jail. i had a 68 firebird with a 400 in it and was only doing 120 in a 25 mph zone :eek:. in front of the DOD building is not a good place to race even if on the weekend and no other cars

Norman

LORD VADER Moderator
Jan 16, 2008
pampa texas

You were a naughty boy. Did they slap you around a little bit? rotfl

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI

nope was only 17 and mom and dad came and got me quick lol

Norman

LORD VADER Moderator
Jan 16, 2008
pampa texas

Not only naughty but a luckly boy. I wonder what might have happened? Oh! That can't be good! rotfl

Andyinchville1

Manufacturer/Dealer
Dec 26, 2007
Scottsville, VA

Jailed?....Wow....But I guess that's only cause you didn't have the other accessory I may
sell to go with the pipe....A "cloak" and "hyperspace" button! HA

Andrew

Norman

LORD VADER Moderator
Jan 16, 2008
pampa texas

Andy
I'm waiting with checkbook in hand for that one.

Ilikeabikea

Jan 27, 2008
Ptown, Texas

I would like a hyperspace button. A cloak would be great too. I'd pay for those...........................:D

Andyinchville1

Manufacturer/Dealer
Dec 26, 2007
Scottsville, VA
Hi,

HI,

I am making some progress but the going is still very slow....Hopefully just a little while longer!

Thanks for your interest and patience.

Andrew

datz510

May 9, 2008
Mesa, AZ
Watching this thread closely. I'd like a tuned pipe as well. Have one Im going to chop up and reweld to fit for now, but one made just for a bike would be GREAT!!

lennyharp

Jul 19, 2008
Mesa Arizona
Put me on the short list for the pipe, Andy. I'll wait till Christmas for the cloak and HS button. But I gotta get the tuned exhaust before datz510 or I'll never keep up to him.

Andyinchville1

Manufacturer/Dealer
Dec 26, 2007
Scottsville, VA
Heh heh...I like that Lennyharp....better watch out tho cause Datz510 may get a sprocket AND the pipe! ;-)

A little competition....that sounds like FUN!

I'll keep you guys in mind.

Thanks!

Andrew

shiloh0

Jun 28, 2008
that pipe is sick! makes the bike look like it's on steroids! i want one when you get it done

Jstude

Jul 3, 2008
South Carolina
I have built and rebuilt lots of things, cars, trucks, mowers, and tractors, but only one motrorized bike. I was suprised with how quiet my HT motor is. I suspect that the quietness of the stock muffler is costing horse power. I once complained about the loud pipes on my motorcycle. The salesman said, "If it's too loud, you're too old!" Just like music, the volume of the note isn't necessarily related to the quality of the note. I now have loud pipes on the motorcycle, but the note is sweet also. How much louder is this one over the stock HT?

datz510

May 9, 2008
Mesa, AZ
You can install a muffler/silencer on the end of the tuned pipe to quiet it down to close to the stock sound level.

The tuned pipe itself is designed to use the exhaust pulses to help force the intake charge back into the cylinder. That's where the power increase comes from. You can then run a silencer on the end of the pipe to quiet it down a lot.

Andyinchville1

Manufacturer/Dealer
Dec 26, 2007
Scottsville, VA
HI Jstude,

The tuned pipe to me sounds to be about the same loudness as the stock HT muffler....just a little deeper tone....We did a You Tube video doing a comparison in sound levels you could look up....

I have toyed with the idea of taking the output of the silencer and running it into a car (yes car) muffler to see how that affects sound / performance....My thoughts are that it
should be very quiet and the performance would be unaffected since the car muffler is designed to flow way more volume of exhaust than our little engines can generate...Mounting something that large tho may be a problem....Also there are those here that say the intake can be loud too....I guess I'll try one step at a time if I get some free time.

Andrew