Mossy's new shop...

GoldenMotor.com

Mossy

May 20, 2022
Getting closer to actually getting started... Basically boarding up the window to put an A/C in it... The goal is to make it secure and weather tight and insulated... Luckily the pvc lumber is just thick enough to let it tilt twords the back to let the condensate drip out... Ghetto style

Attachments

Mossy

May 20, 2022
My pallet panel saw worked out great... Used pvc lumber scraps to do the raised sill plate... So the A/C will lean to drip out of the hole I'm going to make bigger... Now I can fit up the pieces to make the hole for the A/C ... Bringing me back to making adapters for pioneer tape decks and Rockford fosgate punch amps ...

Attachments

Reactions: MEASURE TWICE

Mossy

May 20, 2022
Now I got one to fit up and there all the same and same windows... The support bracket is going to work out good I was worried that it might not rest on the trim... I'm very happy with how the pvc lumber came out it messes up the sides of the blades cutting it... It takes paint like wood and pvc cement and primer will turn it into anything ;)

Attachments

Mossy

May 20, 2022
I got one set marked out it's smaller on the outside so it won't fall... My job is to make it fit so it won't push in to gain entry.. insulated and sealed permanent deal... Once I get one fitted the other ones go easy and then I can pace out the install... Everything is a blade oversized for the gorilla caulking to get into... Pre painting will help make it last... everytime I can add a step to the process it's going to slow my roll and it will come out better and install easier... Days and weeks no deadline for completion ;)

Attachments

Mossy

May 20, 2022
I've got one more big push to get everything motorized bicycle I want... Most of the hard to find stuff is done... Spokes and stuff like that can wait... Then I have to focus on the other things like the shed and insulation to finish the porch shop... The engines and frames and the cylinders that are on the list checked off I'll be happy... Shelves and a hand truck to move everything except what I'm immediately working on... Days are too nice to be messing with the internet... My goals are met anyway... Plus I'll want to get back to it and get motivated twords this '72 68' Trailer renovation project ;)

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
I have a window unit in my man cave on the back of my shop, I have a fridge and microwave, coffee pot and tv. I've got more cabinets than a lot of people's homes, when we replaced ours in the house I put almost all of the cabinets in the man cave, it's a full kitchen with a sink that has hot and cold water, the only thing missing is a oven. I turn on the AC while working in the shop in the summer and cool off when needed.

Reactions: Mossy

Mossy

May 20, 2022
I have a window unit in my man cave on the back of my shop, I have a fridge and microwave, coffee pot and tv. I've got more cabinets than a lot of people's homes, when we replaced ours in the house I put almost all of the cabinets in the man cave, it's a full kitchen with a sink that has hot and cold water, the only thing missing is a oven. I turn on the AC while working in the shop in the summer and cool off when needed.
I'm going to make it comfortable... I've had the units for 3 years and don't really need it except for a few weeks a year because of the cool seal coating reflection of the sun... I'm really happy with this place... From nothing works and full of problems to everything works and just a few more things to do is where I'm at now... The first month I stayed at a hotel while I got one room livable and hot water in the bathroom... 100 gallons of paint inside and out and 3 cases of caulk later... the heating bill dropped 25% with 50' of heat tape added... So when I insulate the floor properly I'll save heat and cool making it a lot more energy efficient... The washer doesn't shake the place anymore and nothing flutters in the wind and it's quiet when it rains... The best part is the $40 tax bill for $12k 50 years old bottomed out on the calculator evaluation... Remanufactured for $25k bought it for $8000 and no debt from paying as I go...
Being able to use the shop and get the full use of the trailer for the first time... Now I can build a shed... First thing it's going to store is insulation and typar for the trailer belly... At some point I'll be forced to build a motorized bicycle ;)

Reactions: Greg58

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
I’ve built everything we have, I grew up in a contractor’s family so I didn’t go into it blind. I was young and did way too much of the work myself. The only thing I didn’t do on our house, I didn’t do the foundation, cabinets, carpet and floor coverings, heat and air. Three years ago I replaced our HVAC system myself, time is catching up with me now, can’t do what I used to.

Reactions: Mossy

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
On my shop I didn’t drive the dozer to level the ground, I did everything else, even pouring and finishing the concrete.